P4 DDR Motherboards (advise needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4 DDR Motherboards (advise needed)

I want to build system with P4 DDR motherboard and have narrowed selection to 6 choices (at least for today). All have been reviewed well so any input from those more experienced than myself would be appreciated. Boards are listed below in no particular order.
    MSI 845Ultra-ARU
    DFI NB70-SC
    ABit BD-7 Raid
    ASUS P4B 266
    Via VPSD P4XB
    Shuttle AV-40 DDR
    I am planning on attending a Market-Pro show, looking to come away with a system. I have not compared any pricing on these boards so if any one is a particularly good value, perhaps that will guide me, allowing more $$ for other components.
    Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

I like these types of questions *briskly rubs hands together* :devil win

I recently reviewed the Shuttle AV40R here and was very impressed with it. It's fast, stable, and very nice to use. Just make sure you have a spare 40x40x10mm fan for the north bridge (the one on my board failed). This board is widely available, cheap, and has the option of onboard RAID if you desire :)

So my opinion says go for the AV40R :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

i got the p4s 333 from asus and running my NW 1.6A @ 2133 comfortably, Stock HSF, normal case cooling...

Comment

The SiS 645 chipset is very nice for overclocking, unlike their 735 model. It's good to see Intel users getting decent overclocks again :thumb:
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

My Pentium 4 system consists of a Soyo Dragon Ultra (SiS645) which I am very happy with - Even though it needed a BIOS update to get it running stable. It has a Pentium 4 1.6A running at 2.41GHz. :)

Comment

Outta the boards you mentioned, the 845 ultra is a good choice for 105$, the asus p4b266 many think is good probaly cause its asus but i read about many issues with it, DFI? it performs good i guess but i never hreard of DFI before , so i would skip that, and isnt the shuttle based on the VIA chipset??? i FOR sure wouldnlt get that even though the benchmarks are slightly higher then the intel chipset... ive been researching for months now, and im thinkin of a DDr p4 board myself, and i have narrowed it down to these boards......

1. EpOx 4BDA2+ (i845D) This board looks fantastic in all the reviews ive read, including the one on this site!! wtg tweektown, this board has excellent OC'ing options and is extremly stable, the 2 things i want in a board!!!! and it has the nice fast highpoint raid controller! not the slow promise..

2. Asus P4S333 (SiS645) This Board has alot of features, the 5.1 sound is nice, the SiS Seems to perform almost as high as Rambus with 333mhz ddr, but with ddr2100 its slower then the i845, ive seen Some excellent overclocking done on this board.. and for 105$ great choice....

Comment

Don't buy Gigabyte GA-8SRX; did not start up for me and there are no related postings to solve it's problems.

Comment

I've got the P4S333 and I love it.

I think the guy that tested it on this site had a bum board, bum memory, etc...

I've got my 1.6a running at 146 fsb just fine and it will run all my apps just fine at 150 but it is failing the Prime95 test. I just have a few settings to iron out but I'm sure it won't be long.

Comment

Well I'm a newbie and have been using a PII233 with a Huston Tech board for 4 years with nothing but problems - I just bought a P4-1.6 with a Asus P4S333 - with 25MB PC2100 DDRam - so it's nice to hear good things about it.

Comment

I just got a Gigabyte GA-8IE533. Smokin board. I love it. I use it as my home recording studio only.:devil: This thing rocks. Only cost $88 US + shipping @ MWAVE.com.

Comment

"Huston Tech board " ????

Never heard of them before.

Comment

Working...
                      X