Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to lower my temps..

the specs on my system are below..

On time when i was running prime.. around the 9th loop my cpu tem was 41-42. But now when i run it it is around 47-48. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I lapped my sk6 and i have a delta on it. I also have another fan sucking the air away from the heatsink.

If you have a link to any good cooling articles or adivce, I would realy appreaciat it. thanks

Personally I wouldn't worry about your temps - they are well under control, the T-Birds really do emit a lot of heat, well done keeping it below 50 degrees :thumb:

If you really want to try and improve the temps, try cleaning the heatsink and CPU core, and reapplying your thermal compound (preferably Arctic Silver II or III). Instructions can be found on Arctic Silver's website on how to do this properly.

But as I said - I wouldn't be too concerned :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Yeah your temps are fine. Its only when you start hitting the 55+ deg that you should be worrying.

Comment

My temps are load 35 degrees so I'm happy with it!

Comment

MySTiCuSS

Wow.. how do you keep your temps that low? water cooler?

yah i guess.. i won't worry about my temps.. well now i have nother problem.. i can't overclock my computer at all.. it pisses me off.. it freezes just before windows.. I guess that's what the overclocking forum is for.. hehe.. time to go bother those guys

Comment

Swigs when was the last time that ya cleaned the dust out of it? :?:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wiggo

I cleaned it 3days ago.. and i lpped the sucker.. i cleaned everything.. and i put a filter on the intake this time. and my clase is closed.

Comment

Ok then but if you'll check this thread out you'll find out what MySTiCuSS is usin'. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Swigs, I really like the Arctic Alumina, lowered my temps quite a bit...I have tried ASII, AS3 and cooling flow compounds, have gotten the best results with the Alumina.

1.4 gig t-bird@1575
                  @1.85 v
                  150 fsb
                  ECS K7S5A
                  ThermalRight SK6 Hsf
                  using thermistor under cpu
                  sisoft sandra burn in wizard for load 30 minutes.
                  Idle temperatures were taken over a period of three days.
                  35C idle 40C load with the Alumina.

Comment

Also remember that Mysticuss lives in the Netherlands, and its like, -10 or something over there at the moment....
                    that, and he has a dragon orb with a 7000rpm fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Swigs
                      the specs on my system are below..

On time when i was running prime.. around the 9th loop my cpu tem was 41-42. But now when i run it it is around 47-48. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I lapped my sk6 and i have a delta on it. I also have another fan sucking the air away from the heatsink.

If you have a link to any good cooling articles or adivce, I would realy appreaciat it. thanks
                      Depending on your coolant mixture, you may need to flush the system,clean out your water block. but the first things to check are for air bubbles in the block or radiator, and dust in the rad. or fan.
                      Also has the ambient temp (room air) changed?

edited: Sorry thought this was a watercooling thread

Comment

Yeah the dragon orb is doing his work greatly!

Comment

I get 40 degrees sk6 temps with a delta

Comment

Working...
                          X