PDA

View Full Version : Error (SETI Team)

CheeZmonZter
03-07-2003, 11:48 AM
I am not sure if this is the right forum for this so could one of the Nice Moderator People help me out if it is not?

I am trying to install a program called SetiTEAM and every time I try the install i get this error message. Any thoughts?

Mr. C
03-07-2003, 12:04 PM
I've moved this thread to the "Applications" forum. Additionally I've edited the title to reflect it's tie to SETI, hopefully one of the local enthusiasts can zero in on it and maybe lend a hand.

Sorry I couldn't be more useful:o

umm, and your error is only showing partially:?:

CheeZmonZter
03-07-2003, 12:19 PM
hhmm I dont know why it did that...It was saying something about my posting the pic in two different forums, I changed the name of the Pic and reposted it...when i 1st looked at it, it was fine.

And thank you for getting this where it needed to go:thumb:

rugbydude
03-07-2003, 02:06 PM
If you downloaded it try redownloading it:D

CheeZmonZter
03-07-2003, 02:14 PM
1st thing I did.

rugbydude
03-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Maybe download it from another source:confused:

asklepios
03-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Did you try to restart your PC? Seems to me that a restart is due after a previous install...or i could be wrong...:confused:
Now much into SETI anyways...Wigoo might be a better person to answer this query.

Wiggo
03-08-2003, 04:42 AM
I have no idea actually as I have never used that program plus I like to keep SETI runnin' as lite as possible. :beer:

0R1()N
03-08-2003, 05:23 AM
It probably means that the mothership is inbound and has accesed your computer and rejected installation of that program, so onone knows that an Alein invasion is on its way.:eek: :D

CheeZmonZter
03-08-2003, 08:22 AM
0R1()N
It probably means that the mothership is inbound and has accesed your computer and rejected installation of that program, so onone knows that an Alein invasion is on its way

That could just be it! I never even got a chance to install it really. As soon as you dbl click the file it gives that error msg. I dont know if there is something that should be set in Seti or what not but I say SCREW IT! I dont need that thing anyway...it only does what I have been doing with a pencil....tallying the #'s and letting me know I am still moving up!

kane2g
03-08-2003, 12:38 PM
I have no idea actually as I have never used that program plus I like to keep SETI runnin' as lite as possible. :beer:
I run it now and again just to see who subbmitting how much, and why is Cheez still kickin my ass and by how much!!! :angryfire
but it doesnt need to run all the time.
:cheers:

Wiggo
03-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Soz kane2g but I don't need software to tell me that the team's No.1 position will be mine again in a few hours. :D

kane2g
03-09-2003, 11:23 AM
yeah, but it can predict future!!!!!! Its the only one that i've seen that can do that!!!!
BTW you're just 8WUs shy of #1!!! :king:
And it gives realtime stats on all members, so i dont have to wait for the TTseti team page to update! So its cool!!!! :p

Wiggo
03-09-2003, 11:32 AM
I can predict what will happen in around 3hrs. :D

Whether I'll be online at that time will be another thing but it will be before my bedtime. :devil win

CheeZmonZter
03-09-2003, 01:46 PM
:crazy: :rolleyes: :shh: : omg: ok it was my firewall that was preventing the install....dont know why an install need to access the internet but oh well...i got the thing working: omg:

kane2g
03-09-2003, 01:55 PM
:crazy: :rolleyes: :shh: : omg: ok it was my firewall that was preventing the install....dont know why an install need to access the internet but oh well...i got the thing working: omg:
Good to hear that!!!
BTW Cheez, i just got another KG7Raid mobo laying in my room. Just waiting for the t/bred B to show up and the ram.
I might let you get some more WUs in, just so this can be fun! SO you can see me coming to stomp you!! Muahahahaha :flames:

CheeZmonZter
03-09-2003, 01:59 PM
well its about time damn it!

Wiggo
03-13-2003, 12:03 AM
So what's ya software predictin' now? :?:

CheeZmonZter
03-13-2003, 12:29 AM
That I am going to lead Kane and stay in 4th place for at least the next 3 months.

Wiggo
03-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Hey when ya goin' to give lil38spl back her PC anyway? :?:

CheeZmonZter
10-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Hey when ya goin' to give lil38spl back her PC anyway? :?:

I'm not!

Wiggo
10-07-2003, 06:38 AM
I'm not! So ya finally built her somethin' more modern then? :?:

CheeZmonZter
10-07-2003, 07:50 AM
Oh she runs a brand new Dell, (prolly more modern than my stuff!) she got tired of running her own system(P.O.G), got one with the support and such, I would try and get her to build more but she isnt that into it :( she likes them but not that much!!!

Wiggo
10-07-2003, 08:11 AM
Well then she can start crunchin' for herself again then. :devil win

elrado1
10-07-2003, 09:22 AM
I think he's addicted to her contributions. ;) Without 'em he'll never regain the #2 spot. :mad:

CheeZmonZter
10-07-2003, 09:27 AM
she doesnt really care where her #'s go, and she doesnt even run it a lot, but every little WU counts!

elrado1
10-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Sounds like a great situation to me. I could use a few of those kinds of contributors (back). :cry:

CheeZmonZter
10-07-2003, 09:47 AM
i just wish I had more:beer:

kane2g
10-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Damn, CheeZ you trying to take my spot?
Why not just invest some $ or live with your 3rd spot, well at least untill vinnieven decides hes gonna step up the production again and take that away from you.

PS. Are you guys able to connect with Setiteam? For some reason mine doesnt update anymore! :cry:

CheeZmonZter
10-07-2003, 11:46 AM
actually that is my spot you are sitting in. If i had not gone to Europe i would still be there, with the systems down i am out about 180 WU's from then...about the same ammount you are ahead of me. The two trips that followed knocked me down even farther, but the catch up should be fun, still need to ask at school...hmmmmmm

kane2g
10-07-2003, 12:29 PM
still need to ask at school..
:cough: setiservice :cough:

elrado1
10-07-2003, 08:35 PM
PS. Are you guys able to connect with Setiteam? For some reason mine doesnt update anymore! :cry: No. A few days ago I noticed that it listed "TweakTown [email protected]: old link," which listed all strange members. Could not get it to work right, so I disabled it. It may have something to do with Berkeley switching their servers:

October 2, 2003 We are in the process of fixing/upgrading our webservers. Some web functions may be broken. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Wiggo
10-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Seein' that it isn't supported anymore it's also likely that it could be the end of the road for it. :shrug:

elrado1
10-07-2003, 10:50 PM
That one and a whole host of other add-ons. Times they are a'changin'! :eek:

Wiggo
10-08-2003, 07:56 AM
That one and a whole host of other add-ons. Times they are a'changin'! :eek: Sadly this is true and we're only gettin' older. :D

lil38spl
10-08-2003, 10:38 AM
she doesnt really care where her #'s go, and she doesnt even run it a lot, but every little WU counts!

ok lets set a few things straight, i dont feel appreciated here... i care where the WU's go, damit, i've invested uberdell's resources for the greater good for months!!! and it runs 24-7, by the way... whats up CheeZ, a little gratitude for pete's sake!!! or I m going to have to switch to the enemy and go offer my services to Elrado! :blowkiss:

Wiggo
10-08-2003, 01:24 PM
ok lets set a few things straight, i dont feel appreciated here... i care where the WU's go, damit, i've invested uberdell's resources for the greater good for months!!! and it runs 24-7, by the way... whats up CheeZ, a little gratitude for pete's sake!!! or I m going to have to switch to the enemy and go offer my services to Elrado! :blowkiss: You tell him proper too. :D

But I'd rather watch my own progress plus I'm sure that ya can fix that 28th spot that ya've slipped down to. :devil win

kane2g
10-08-2003, 01:50 PM
I think you should too :thumb:

elrado1
10-09-2003, 12:51 AM
ok lets set a few things straight, i dont feel appreciated here... i care where the WU's go, damit, i've invested uberdell's resources for the greater good for months!!! and it runs 24-7, by the way... whats up CheeZ, a little gratitude for pete's sake!!! or I m going to have to switch to the enemy and go offer my services to Elrado! :blowkiss: Ooh CheeZ, that's gotta hurt. I recommend several bunches of flowers to make amends. If not, then I may very well capitalize on the sentiments expressed. So watch out.

lil38, let me know if Cheez doesn't show proper appreciation. I'll treat you much more appreciatively! Remember we'll all be starting over with the new BOINC (http://boinc.berkeley.edu/). :thumb:

The events I missed while watching the Marlins and the Cubs in their first playoff game!

Oh and another thing: enemy? :confused:

lil38spl
10-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by elrado1

Oh and another thing: enemy? :confused:

Uh... hmmm... er... ah... manner of speaking... as in anyone but the CheeZ sub-team... uhmmm... competitive spirit... bad choice of words... foot in mouth... digging deeper... uhm... ok i shut up now...

really i didnt mean it to sound like that... :angel:

elrado1
10-18-2003, 09:11 PM
I knew it was just a slip-of-the-tongue. I just had to play it up. :devil win : peace2:

kane2g
10-19-2003, 04:59 AM
well elrado, now ya know how i feel when they team up against poor alone me.
:(
its just not fair!

Wiggo
10-20-2003, 09:10 AM
well elrado, now ya know how i feel when they team up against poor alone me.
:(
its just not fair! Have ya ever entertained the thought that maybe they've done this just to try and catch me? :devil win