No announcement yet.

Playing Ultimate Tourney 2003...Whats The Prob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Ultimate Tourney 2003...Whats The Prob?

Im playing Ultimate Tourney 2003 but have had a few problems but could be alot of my own fault..Any help would be appreciated. I posted this here cuz i wasnt sure if its a software issue or hardware issue or just settings...... I have a p4 2.4 gig 256mb ram with a ati radeon 9700 pro video card with 128 mb onboard. Everything is up to date as far as drivers, direct x 9 etc... I have also tweaked windows xp where almost nothing is running when i play except needed system processes. Most settings in game are highest detail levels.. The problem.... I play the game where its just me and maybe one other bot.. Game runs fine full speed no prob on highest settings... Further into the game the levels get bigger and more bots. When i start getting into these levels with bigger levels and more players im getting a slight delay from the time the announcer says play till i actually see anything and can move... Some levels i can move right away just stuttering for a few seconds then plays fine from that point on.. On certain other levels i get same thing but stutter is longer and takes longer for gameplay to cleanup to nearly full speed... I finally get to a pretty big level and bots...same thing on startup same stutter then it might or might not clean up But after a few minutes of play it crashes and says im running outa virtual memory. According to the game requirements i should be able to run this game in full detail the way i am with little to no problems yet im getting all this problem:mad: Could it be i just need to lower detail settings... I like high detail in my games...I realize getting 512 of ram would help but its expensive right now since i have rdramm in my system....Or is it something else in a tweak or setting in xp or what... Im very frustrated and would like at least a clue where the problem might lie.....Thanks in advance!

Not sure how much it'll do for your system but maybe try cacheman. No real noteable differences on my config that I could tell but it might make a difference for you.

http://www.outertech.com/product.php...394dd00f6ed0c4
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky i usually get a 10 second delay between the announcer saying play to me actuallu playing. Its mainly due to ram:thumb:

Comment

:cheers: Hey thanks both of you... I kinda figured and in a way hoped and didnt hope it was the ram... Says on box recommends but obviously to run the game at full detail ill need 512meg of ram.... I tweaked a few other things and it still studders now and then mainly on start on large detailed maps but then gameplay seems to smooth out. Thanks for the tips and ill look at the cacheman thing. Lata!: peace2:

Comment

The message that ur running out of virtual memory could mean u need to increase the size of ur pagefile because the game is taking up all of ur ram, as well as whatever u have allotted to ur pagefile.

Comment

Yea i know about increasing the pagefile...I used a formula on the tweak page to set it to 384 minimum 1152 maximum which is what it said to switch it to for 256 megs of ram. Think i should make it even bigger? Or just get the extra physical ram... Im seriously considering buying the ram to alleviate this problem anyway...Thanks for the tips.:smokin:

Comment

Well just increasing the pagefile might solve this problem, but getting more ram is definitely a better solution. If you've got the extra cash go for it:thumb: .

damn its times like these i hate being 16 and being broke after getting my new rig :cry:

Comment

Dont feel bad about being 16 and broke my friend...Im 30 years old and struggling these days...Im kinda in a bad position due to the fact that the way rdram is installed...I have a dell pc which for some odd reason makes you buy 2 256 chips to reach 512 instead of just one single 512 chip so im saddled with the cost of both 256 chips.:wow: But looks as if i have no choice cuz i really dont want to make the pagefile any bigger so ill just have to deal with some stuttering once in a while...I got it to the pint of playable most of the time...I dontr get the virtual memory crash just some stuttering and jumping every now and then...When i get the ram ill be blazing so no worries..:thumb: It does suck tho being young and haveing to rely on parents or whatever for money ... Take it from me ...Get a summer or after school job youll be much happier. I mean work sucks yeah but haveing your own cash makes up for it...LOL.....:smokin: Anyway thanks again... Lata! : peace2:

Comment

hehe yeah i do have a weekend job reffing little kids sports, but theyre a little slow sending paychecks . I got one that was for the end of soccer in November in late February lol. At least it came though :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                  X