X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask about "L2 Cache Tweakage"

I must entering data in "Hexadecimal mode" or "Decimal mode"

Huh? :?:

If you are trying to tweak the L2 cache... the only real setting is to disable ECC checking in the BIOS - but this only gets you about 1% extra performance, and the L2 cache is then vulnerable to errors, so unless you're the world's worst performance freak leave ECC enabled
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

i assume you are referring to the Windows XP guide part 2

see this quote:
      NOTE: Sorry about this people, but the original version of this article showed me, in the above tweak, entering data in Hexadecimal mode. The L2 Cache of your processor should be entered in Decimal mode. Sorry, guys :(.
      Enter the data in Decimal mode

Comment

Unless you know 100% for certain that your OS is incorrectly reporting your CPUs L2 Cache- dont mess with the setting at all. Bad things can and will happen if you screw up.

Comment

Thank you very much !

Comment

If for example I were to set it in decimal, would I return the setting to normal by setting 0 in hexadecimal ?

Comment

no that would not return the value

Comment

What would ? The artical doesn't suggest how to set it back to it's original state....

Comment

Hello ?

Comment

Never mind...... I can see why people don't register here :(

save it.

Comment

It maybe as not to many have been around lately but my only suggestion would be to reinstall the operating system if you didn't copy down the settings before changing them. :smokin:
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

No offense.... but we haven't seen this thread lately for some unknown reason

But a bit more patience would go a long way... but then again your IP is from AOL so I don't know *shrugs*

*Waits for all the flames of AOL users now* :flames:
                        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Users Al?
                          AOL victims would be more approprtiate:laugh:
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Poor excuse, blame it on aol.
                            It's one thing to publish a twk guide, it's another to 'service it' if it doesn't contain the appropriate information {AND IT DOES NOT}.
                            You put yourself in this position, I didn't.... I merely asked a question that has still gone unanswered and is still unavailable in your guide {hint, fix it}, so in my little view, you FAILED to 'service' a customer just like aol does.
                            You also seem to know more about MY IP than you do about what goes on HERE, why is that ? Oh, must be aol again !
                            Wise up.

Re-install the operating system ? I'll say this nicely, ARE YOU STOOPID ? Did aol tell you to say that too ? Do you always re-install an o/s for something as simple as this ? Everyone in your country must be re-installing o/s's if that's the answer you give to very simple questions/problems. Must be why I need "a bit more patience"..........

Naa, from now on I'll email the authors of such writings, can't rely on this forum for correct information.

Comment

What CPU do you have?
                              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                              X