For those who DON'T trust water cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who DON'T trust water cooling

[COLOR=royalblue] Hey here is a Water Cooling Free Solution. Hope you folks have a nice bank cash investment though. And doesn anybody know if Tweaktown has previewed the Asus A7N8X mobo yet. I bought one of these gorgeous monsters, but sadly can't install yet. Im am looking for advice to a great modding case. IS Lian Li the right way to go ?

This one is better again, http://www.chip-con.com/products.asp :D

Comment

Got a friend in Savannah, GA who built a tower out of a small freezer and put his systemboard in there... problem was when the power went out, that ice turned to water and when the power came back on... well I guess you can imagine what happened... buzzz zappp

:spam:
      :shoot3: :snip:
      :blah: :blah: :blah:
      :geek:

Comment

i actually tried something the other day and liked it so well, I custom fit a piece on the side of my case. I have a hole drilled in the side of my case directly above my CPU fan/HS. I have mounted a fan on the case (same size as the one on the HS) and used a McDonald's drink cup that has been 'trimmed' down a bit that goes over the fan and is on the inside of the comptuer case when the side is on. It directs fresh outside air from outside the computer directly into the area above the CPU HS/Fan that blows across the fins. This has always worked well for me to cool the case as I am putting fresh and cooler air directly to the attention of the fan that cools the CPU. Now I did something a little different....

I bought some 3" duct hose at the autoparts store and then I cut out the top of one of my DVD pancake cases ( a small 10 piece case), and mounted the 3" duct hose there and wrapped it with electrical tape to keep it from sliding out and it also makes a good fit that way. The other piece, the base is drilled and glued to the side of the case directly over the fan that feeds the outside air into the case above the CPU fan. This allows me to "quck connect" the hose to the side of the case. I then put the hose to the ouside window that is open.

The outside air temperature (winter here in Michigan) is 38 degrees as I post. My CPU temperature has DROPPED from 42 C at idle, running a AMD Athlon Thoroughbreed 2000+, down to 27 degrees at idle, and 28 to 29 degrees when doing somehting that requires some CPU cycles.:D Nice benefit is that it also gives me fresh air into the home and pre-heats it via the CPU and case before it gets into the home!! *S*

Cut down the noise on the side case fan as well. I know.. odd.. but hey it really works great!! And no I don't have the problem with freezups as there is about 70 " of duct tubing before it gets to the fan for the CPU. If I want to remove my computer and do some work, all I have to do is twist just a little counterclockwise, and the top piece (with the tube) comes off and then I can remove the case fan. If I remove the fan, the temps start to climb back up right away. Using Hardware Monitor Pro.:thumb:

Comment

Working...
        X