tip/question about epox 8rda+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tip/question about epox 8rda+

i have a question and a thing about the Epox 8rda+. I just got it a week ago to build myself a computer for gaming. i was going to do some benchmarking to see how my chipset is. for some reason ,,after each test,my computer would frezze. I checked my PSU no problem. SO,i check my CPu temp with a temp montior device..it read 34 0C. then,,i check my north chipset. IT WAS 59oC!. I dont know y but i had to do something. I check in alot of stores in my area, and bought myself a good heat sink. After installing, it only got down by around 3 dregrees. but still not good. So, i bought some artic silver3 compond and a 40 mm fan. and to my amazment,, it got to 41 0c when it is in gaming, and 38 when it is not doing any games. So, if u have a epox 8rda+ get a new fan,and heatsink for the north chipset.

Now,,heres my question, i dont like to overclock, beacuse i dont want to ruin my new athlon 2700+ But, my friend gave me his old xp 2100+ for a little gift before he move to a new place. Now,,reading about overclocking,i heard that EPox 8rda+ doesnt need the unlocking of the CPU.. IS this true? or do i still have to unlock the L1 brige???

Congrats for ur new server.:D

If ya have the later version BIOS (some early mobo's need a BIOS update) but if a Palamino core then you may have to unlock it though some have found unnecessary to do so. ;)

BTW what case are ya usin'? :?:

Comment

i am using this no brand case that i bought for 60 bucks canadain,it has 2 80m front fans, and i coustomize it to have 1 120mm and 1 80 mm side fans and also i couztimize the back with 2 80mm fans and 3 40 mm on the bottom, THe case looks like a ATX fileserver case.

I have no problem with the epox computer now,but i dont have a video card yet. I am waiting for the readeon 9800 pro 256mb. Does it cost like 1500 bucks???

Comment

I seriously hope that it doesn't cost anywhere near that. :eek:

Comment

Working...
        X