Best Case and video card - HELP ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Case and video card - HELP ASAP

Listen... I just bought a ASUS P4G8X Deluxe motherboard. I have a C1 stepping core 2.53 Ghz P4 and a Maxor 200 gig hard drive, and 2.5 Gigs Ram (PC2100). Here is the deal... I've been looking at this Thermaltake III tower (all Aluminum)... I heard great reviews, then I've also heard it is hell trying to fit a fat Video card in there.. I have not purchased the card, but I'm thinking along the lines of a ASUS 9280S (with Video Capture and 300mhz clock)... Could you guys (and girls if your out there) give me some help... looking for the best tower for the money with really good cooling (not liquid cooled... already have that now and I don't like it)... Also, any suggestions on the Video card? I'm looking to do DVD's Video Capture, and Games!!! so I need something kick ass that won't kick my ass and my wallet (so no 500 dollar cars).... anyway, thanks in advance and as always... love this place!!!

Regards,

Firewalker..

This is another UNEEC clone case (Antec, Chieftec, Enermax and many other brands use this chassis) and the prob has only come up recently for me with them but the fix is very simple. Before put anything into the case take a round metal file (approx 1/4" dia. and the finer grade cut the better) and just file the AGP expansion port slot back towards the case's backplate about 3/16" dead center of the slot and that's it, except to make sure that ya get the metal filings out.

Comment

yeah, I have heard you had to shave some of the retainer clip off... so its pretty easy I guess... go to Home Depot and buy a fine file and file it down towards the case (we are not talking about the plastic holder, we are talking about the actual aluminum case, right? in otherwords the opening needs to be a little more open...

But in a nutshell, that should be a good town wouldn't you think? I've seen some of the other post out there, but nobody really says much besides what they have... that is why I explained what I'm doing.

Thanks for your reply...

Firewalker

Comment

Yes just the metal and here's a pic of the last which I did yesterday but I only have a cheap digi cam here.

Comment

Working...
        X