AGP Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Activation

My wifes computer has a "PcChips M810" motherboard with an AGP slot,AMD Athalon 1K processor and 512 megs RAM. She has 2 video cards (GForce2or3 and an RadeonVE) Everytime she puts the video card in and tries to activate the AGP slot using the system disk she gets a windows error-"Windows Protection Error" and has to reinstall windows (98).She has tried changing the BIOS and flash after disabling the on board video. All drivers have been installed.Tried clocking it. How or what does she have to do to activate the AGP Slot????
    Any ideas would be great as I'm not sure what all she's tried besides EVERYTHING she can think of.
    Thanks

Have you installed the AGP port driver, and disabled any onboard video:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
      Have you installed the AGP port driver, and disabled any onboard video:?:
      http://www.pcchips.com.tw/driver/driver.asp?module_id=4
      Installing the AGP driver is what causes the Windows Protection Error Disable onboard enable agp install driver and reboot to Windows Protection Error Not once, Not twice but at least the 10 times I've tried activating the AGP slot on this board. Calls to the PCChips sends me back to the manufacturer of my machince since they did not sell me the board. Calls to the place I bought it from lead to one new motherboard (same kind) then a whole lot of NON tech support. ><

Comment

Let me ask you a question regarding your bios... look and see if there is a selection boot: AGP or PCI. I know a lot of times people will try and disable the onboard video, but forget to tell the system which port to boot... also, where do you have the PCI card installed? is it installed in the top most PCI slot? If so, change that... that slot is checked first. A lot of times the first PCI and AGP cancel out each other since the system looks for a graphics card in both places...

Comment

Working...
        X