Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Word problem ...

:cheers: Hi all,
    I now cannot run a link which i have in Microsoft Word to work in the internet ( usually i double clicked the link from MS Word, it will show internet of that page )
    It was working fine before i upgraded from Office XP to Office 11 Titanium activation crap version. So now i uninstall the office 11 and go back to Office XP, i cannot double-link the link or right click and choose OPEN HYPERLINK any more. Word is preparing to load this document message isn't on the bottom any more. :mad:
    Did i mess up the registry problem? How can i fix it so it can work normally like before?
    Thanks in advance of your input,

Leo ...

my MS word doesn't open links by double clicking.
    rather it says that press ctrl+click to open the link.
    have you tried doing so?

about it not showing the message that "word is preparing to load this document message", wats the probs? status bar is gone? is it is not showing any message or just this specific one?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      Before the Office 11 Titanium incident, I can double-click the link on my computer just FINE, i don't need to right click and click on Open Hyperlink like the other Word working computer ...

When I compare the 2 MS Word programs on 2 comps, everything is the same but only 1 can do the right click open hyperlink ( which meant is this computer --- The other computer dead on the link; no show of any sign it connected to internet from the link i just put my mouse over..) Just noted, on the Word program that is working, when i drag my mouse on the link.. I see its url and Control+click to follow link or in my case right click , then open hyperlink ... but on the DEAD Word program on other computer, nothing is overhead when i drag my mouse on its link

I even got into Options from Tool... in Edit box , i have the check mark on Use CTRL+ Click to follow hyperlink ... I think i am missing some check marks in this Options box in order to make it work the link for the Internet... or it was a big mess up in registry now as it was still has some parts of Old Office 11 Titanium and NEW reinstall Office XP ???

Thanks again for another advice from you...
      Eagerly waiting, lol.. :D

Leo,

Comment

but you said that you uninstalled office 11 and then installed office XP. if you didn't do any such thing then i would recommend un-installing the office and then performing a clean install.
        if you uninstalled office 11 before installing office XP then there should be no need to install it again!
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        =======================
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Yup, i did uninstall it { Office 11 Titanium ) and reboot ... before I reinstall the Office XP. The weird thing is, when i reinstalled Office XP, it just installed, skipped the serial numbers of Office XP.

Do you think some of the old files from Office 11 still existed in my System so it can mess up my MS Word ? or some files still in the Registry which i need to get rid of? Messing with Registry is a big no no for the average Joe just like me, right?

If it's Registry issue, can you able to help me?

Thanks again in advance for your experty,

Leo ..

Comment

uncheck that check box that says "Use CTRL+ Click to follow hyperlink" and then tell me wat happens.
            is it still the same problem?
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

======================
            =======================
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

:mad: same darn thing, :mad:

i dragged my mouse over its link, nothing appeared on the overhead... so i right clicked and open hyperlink, still nothing.. :(

anymore ideas, ?

Leo,

Comment

I have no idea if this will help you as I don't use Word. I use Wordperfect on this machine and the place in it to activate hyperlinks is: tools, settings, environment. The setting is marked in the pic. I'm sure it is a little different in Word, but it may be similar. With this set, any URL I put in a document becomes a hyperlink and all I need do is click on it to open it. Hope this helps.

Comment

The Wordperfect you talked about is a " stand alone software " or it comes in a bundle ?

I got it hyperlink working fine before the upgrading, now it was a goner.. :mad: I wish i can fix it before i give it to the trash can, lol!

Thanks for your big help, I will try to look for Wordperfect if all was failed, :)

Leo,

Comment

it could be a dumb question but when you type a link, is the text changing its colour in blue to show that its a hyperlink?
                    Last Updated:
                    10th MARCH

======================
                    =======================
                    yabaa dabaa doo...
                    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thanks for your replying, :cheers:

It was changing blue color after i write a link and push ENTER button to make it hyperlink, but it disappeard the underline after i messed with it on the uncheck the " Control + Click to follow link " under Tools Options Edit box... arggggg !
                      After the 5th time uninstalling and reinstalling Office XP , I am now too discouraged to try any further... :flames: I am now using the Star Office 5.2 which it has Internet Page Enable in it; that is all i ever wanted ... :p

Thanks again for all your advice and great efforts in helping me.
                      I am pretty sure it's a registry problem but dunno how to fix it from there... so better get rid of it and wait until the next reformatting harddrive to install Office XP again for further use!

Until the next time when i have another computer question for you, meanwhile take it ez, eh! Have a on me, lol !!!

Leo,

Comment

Finally i am on net ... but using the StarOffice 5.2 software which it has Internet Page for Word document... :D Hooray, that's all i ever wanted!!!

I will try to look for Wordperfect program to test it out...

Thanks for your advice,

Leo ...

Until next time, my friend!
                        Take it ez , okies ?

Comment

Wordperfect is generally part of an office suite but it can often be found dirt cheap. I've used Star Office before (when it was free), but I think a better free alternative is Open Office.

The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.

Comment

Good mo'ning ,

You up so early ? at 5am in the mo'ning...

Thanks for the url you gave me... I went there and notice OpenOffice 1.0 version is same with StarOffice , Ain't I right?
                            They are beta testing StarOffice 6.1 now until mid May, 2003,
                            if you interested... :p

Until i have a new harddrive on the dead office xp or for some reason it needs to be formatted, i will be using what i have .?. for now... lol...

Bye for now,

Leo ...

Comment

if you don't need a whole office suite just a word processor. try abiword: http://www.abisource.com/download/

its much nicer than the writer program that comes with open office.

Comment

Working...
                              X