No announcement yet.

Where do you buy cooling/tweaking stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy cooling/tweaking stuff?

Hey guys, I'm new here. :wave: I have never been here pre-site crash.

I live in Sydney, and I can't find anyone local that sells a range of hsf / water cooling stuff / ram sinks / arctic silver / etc. Does anyone know of somewhere I can walk into locally without resorting to ordering online and waiting for couriers to arrive.

I bought my latest system upgrades online, as well as a water block and pump for my soon to be water cooling system, and I was happy with this, but I would rather walk into a shop and look around and look closely at things.

I would drive as far as Canberra, North Coast and South Coast.

Failing that where do you guys buy online?

BTW, how many regulars visit these forums?

Well here's one place, Aus PC Market, which is on Victoria Road at Gladesville. :thumb:
    <center></center>

Comment

Cool, thanks man. I've actually been to that web site, but for some reason I've never checked out the address.

Hey, we're practically neighbours. I'm in Blacktown.

Comment

Yep only 2 towns apart. ;)
        <center></center>

Comment

Another cool store which I just purchased a couple of fans from

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/

Comment

There is one fav shop that I learned alot about after spending nearly a year on their sight.........OCZ. I know, I could hardly beleive it myself until a couple weeks ago, when I saw thing unethical, with my own eye's. The three points that sent the red flag up for me, were

1) they miss rep the products they sell, switch them to products that do no meet their advertised spec's.

2) they do not backup their warranties, if they can get way with not doing it.

3) You can't trust what you read in their forum! This I saw with my own eyes, when a moderator rewrote a help thread on a guy who received a bad stick of ram. Editing right down to jumping in my Java script box on a reply that I was writing. Clown had the gaul to rewriting it right in front of me. And then banning me when I ask for an explaination.

Now I do want to add two things. One everything I receive was from OCZ has been ok, so I have no grip with them, but I saw alot of people who posted in with major problem, whose threads disappeared shortly after posting. I later found a couple of them at [H], and they affirmed to me that they had not gotten help and discovered that they were ban from the site after making their post. Second, for any one wanting additional info on this, go to [H] and ask this same question^. Also check out Zoson's thead, as many here know, he was one their top moderators for a couple of years. He's backup his customer complains with detailed evidence.

So, my main point is this check any venders rating at bizrating or other similar sites, and read their forums to see how they handle the customer service problems.

Darth.......as S ED. You might find a private message to your counterpart at [H] might be an interesting read. They won't reveiw OCZ products.

Just wanting to Protect my fellow member.....:thumb:

Comment

Dlab,

The [H]ard|OCP forums are just a bit large. A link would be greatly appreciated to know what you're talking about here.
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

Darth,

You can try http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....hreadid=267381 or enter the forum, goto hardocp soapbox, goto the 3rd page of that formumett and look for "fight fire with fire- ocz is going down." Zoson is the victum, I figure you and Wiggo know him. It's an interesting read, all the way arround.
                I now it was weird as far as my involvement went Very disconcerting considering how highly I regarded the company and their forum.

Dlab

:D , good the link works.......
                I discovered that our javabox's have a thousand character limit, sorry if the original post was alittle unclear, I had to wittle the oginial down from 1800. Guess it lost something in the edit.

Z's evidence links were up a week ago, those I didn't check.

One last comment, if you find this flam'n another site, or don't want to get into it in a site war, let me know and I'll pull my postings.

Comment

Dlab, soz to hear of yer misfortunes with OCZ. :(

Ok, it's not a tweaking place, but there is a computer shop in Blacktown's shopping district that has very decent prices on parts. Eldon Investments I think it's called.

Forgot what number it is too - I think 44. It's operating as a net cafe as well, it's upstairs (like a sleazy adult shop) next to a doctor/dentist just by the pedestrian crossing on the same street as the RTA centre, slightly down the road from there (is that Main Street?!).
                  Onyx

TweakTown
                  OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                  CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Ah ya mean Flushcombe Road where the RTA is which runs into Main Street at the beginin' of the old mall. ;)
                    <center></center>

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Dlab!

For my 2 cents - it isn't flaming, if it's true.

I would think in any business, customers are going to have complaints.
                      Some of them are going to be valid complaints.
                      If a customer posts a complaint, it doesn't seem out of line to me.
                      If a site removes a complaint it indicates a big problem to me. If they resolved the issue, they should leave the complaint in place - that says to me "Hey, they really do have customer support". When they remove complaints I take it as an indicator there is no customer support.
                      Retail is a tough business - satisfied customers is the only key to success. The best advertisement is always going to be happy patrons.
                      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I usually buy stuff at a Dutch computer store www.mycom.nl :toung:

Comment

Can't help you with Sydney based suppliers, but I buy most of my stuff from Below-0. They are only 2 minutes drive from me, and that's the main reason :D

I used to buy off CoolPC but since they moved to the other side of town I won't support them - and Below-0's prices seem to be cheaper as well on many items ;)
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I tend to buy locally, cept I'm in the US. I have bought some HDD's from Newegg, and will buy from them again. Not everything mind you. If I want to return if cuz I'm not sure, I'll buy locally. Sometimes it's not much cheaper online and shipping sometimes makes it not worth it if I can just drive to a local shop and pick it up at my leisure.

Comment

Working...
                            X