Slackware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slackware

I am interested in installin slackware to run on my rig on a seperate partition alongside windows. Can someone please tell me how to get it running and any info on it would be great. It looks fantastic and if it is a good OS may replase windows. thnx for help:thumb:

Movin' to Linux forum where the Slackmaster resides.

Comment

I hear it only works on linux is this right:confused: If so i'm buggered:o

Comment

Slackware is a version of Linux.

Comment

sweet so it will work as a seperate os alongside WIndows:D :D Ok now anyone tell me how to install it and where from??:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
            Bern[/size]]
            It's easy to use but hard to learn, you can get it here or from your nearest mirror.....and it's a free download :)

Comment

Well, first up- read the Slackware Book

Just like any other book, you dont need to read the whole thing and understand it. I suggest you read thru the intro, have a peek at the Install guide and then prepare yourself. Once youve got you Install CD burnt and ready to go, chuck on a pot of coffee and slowly make your way thru the install.

FYI- Slackware 9 is due out soon. You may want to wait a little while to save updating & general messy business with new packages etc. Ive been using linux for a few years now (almost a year that ive actively been using it though) and the thought of updating a linux system gives me a mild heat attack.
              :)

Comment

Wiggo i did see that link Anyway its confusing as hell trying to install that for a windows boy like myself so i'm going to wait for slackware 9 to come out and buy the cd version:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                X