It worked!! perf gain using R350 drivers for 9700/9500 cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It worked!! perf gain using R350 drivers for 9700/9500 cards

This really works! I am now using SmoothVision 2.1 and gained about 300 points on 3Dmark03 just moments ago... You basically need a 9700/9500 card running the Cat3.2 drivers, and then go here:

EDIT: (choose the "More achievement by the R350 driver path" link on the upper right corner)

for a very detailed tutorial on how to do the mod. You basically need to unzip the new system file, delete one from the inf dir in your ATI directory tree, then "update" the driver through the device manager, choosing the inf file directly, then let windows do the rest, reboot, and that's it. I was shocked that it actually worked. Whoop!:D :D :D
    :thumb: :thumb:

the newest Riva tuner will patch the .inf file to force R9800 drivers too - that's the method I used :thumb:

Comment

I would think that's easier. Sweet! : party ha

Comment

that site doesnt exist wahts up with that?

Comment

Hmmmm... well, it was one of those "translated" site links. I think it was in German, originally. RDR said that he got it working with RivaTuner. Maybe try that method. Cheers!

Comment

go to www.Rage3d.com - the d/l section has a link to the latest RivaTuner w/ the patch scripts & there's a 9800soft mod thread in the forums here:

there's a few different methods to force the 9800 drivers - but this should be enough to get you going:D

Comment

Working...
            X