overclocking a thunderbird 1.2 Ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overclocking a thunderbird 1.2 Ghz

Hello, I own a 1.2 Ghz athlon with a FIC AD11 motherboard, and I want to overclock my processor, but I have no idea on how to do that, i have read that the actual processor speed is the bus speed times de multiplier, if this is so I should be able to get 150 x 12.5 out of that mother board right? if so please let me know any help would be really apreciated.

I'm sorry but it's highly unlikely that you'll even get close to that far. :(
    Also is your Athlon a 200MHz or a 266MHz FSB CPU? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

If every T'Bird 1200 would run at 1875MHz, then they would sell them as T'Bird 1875 - wouldn't they.

With good cooling 1400MHz could easily be possible....as long as your motherboard allows you to change Vcore, Vi/o, CPUratio & FSB in 1 or 2 MHZ increments.

Comment

Hi guys, thank you for your replys, my Tbird is a 266 Mhz Bus and my motherboard permits 5x to 12.5x multiplier settings with 0.5 increments and suposedly I can choose between 100, 103, 105, 110, 113, 117, 133, 138, 140, 144 and 150 FSB, I hope this helps.

Comment

Get a good CPU cooler if you haven't got one already, and a good thermal transfer medium like Arctic Silver or Arctic Alumina

If you plan on increasing you multiplier - you'll have to unlock your T'bird by connecting the the severed L1 bridges on the front of the chip - you can do this with a sharp HB pencil if you have a steady hand - there are several articles around with pictures showing how to do this - I don't have a link handy at the moment.

Once all this is accomplished - try different FSB/Mult. settings to see how high you can go. If your motherboard will allow it - increasing the Vcore will let you run at a higher frequncy with more stability, increasing your Vi/o will also improve stability for your RAM at higher FSB speeds.

Comment

I run my tbird 1.2 at 1.4 using stock voltage :)

Comment

What stepping is it?

I got a 1.2 AXIA (200FSB) up to 1600...
              ... my sig says so.

Comment

I can get 1400 out of my 1200 at standard voltage......1470 at 1.85v with stability and 1537 into windows and some benchmarks...but not totally stable....GOOD cooling is essential

Comment

Most Tbirds 1200Mhz and above come factory unlocked.

Comment

Working...
                  X