DVD Back ups - Can you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Back ups - Can you?

I've just bought a Pioneer DVD Burner 105 and was under the impression that i could back up my DVD movies. However, i'm getting the impression from various sites that you're not allowed to do this although there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding the issue.

Basically i want to know if you can make back ups of your DVDs and if so, what's the best software to use?

Professor Fudgecake

I personally do not have a DVD reader or writer (that's what xbox is for :O) I hear the easiest software for what you are attempting to do is called DVD X Copy located at http://www.dvdxcopy.com/ Check it out I think it's what your looking for :O)

Comment

Legally, no you can't. Nearly all DVD's come with some form of copy protection, which prevents them from being copied.

Illegally, I can't say.

Comment

Go to www.doom9.net but do check ya local laws on backup's though. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by XBoy
          I personally do not have a DVD reader or writer (that's what xbox is for :O) I hear the easiest software for what you are attempting to do is called DVD X Copy located at http://www.dvdxcopy.com/ Check it out I think it's what your looking for :O)
          its pricey but it does work.. copys all the dvd menus and splits everything onto 2 discs automatically.

even tells you which disc to insert when you are trying to access content not on the dvd in your dvd player.

Comment

:afro:

Try dvd x copy there are two versions dvd x copy regular which copies the entire dvd and dvd x copy express that just co-pies the movie the benefit is the whole dvd in most cases will need to be split dvd x copy express just does the movie so it will fit on one disk. go to 321studios.com and you may get it there

Comment

Some fine advice from Wiggo there ;)

Comment

Working...
              X