xoxide nibbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoxide nibbler

I was wondering if anyone had tried the nibbler from xoxide.com as a cheap alternative to a dremel or jigsaw for cutting small things like blowholes? if so how is it? :confused:

Shame ya didn't supply a link but I'd rather use a jigsaw as I've found nibblers slow and in some areas useless.

Comment

hehe so this is what that button in the vbcode thing is for Nibbler (xoxide.com)

Comment

If you're referring to the small square on the front, that's the nibbler itsself.

The nibbler works well as it has a high amount of cutting power for small jobs. It's good for cutting off tabs, card brackets that are too long, or basically any small part of sheet metal/aluminum on a case. But outside of small jobs, it's essentially useless. The nibbler's head isn't extended enough to cut a standard nail or screw, so the largest thing you can hope to cut is sheet metal.

I'm with wiggo: For big jobs, do a little jiggin'

And for those blowholes, take wiggo's other recommendation: 3" Holesaw.
        Chris "Raven"
        News Crew - TweakTown
        <!--
        <font size=1>
        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
        </font>
        // -->
        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

for the blowhole you should stick with the holesaw, but the nibbler would be good for any little job you do, they sell it at compusa now for 10 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsfan
            for the blowhole you should stick with the holesaw, but the nibbler would be good for any little job you do, they sell it at compusa now for 10 bucks
            Unless you work there in which case you get it at cost!!

Comment

Working...
            X