X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance MOBO....which one

Hey dudes!

watts up!

I wanted to know which mobo I should get for a Pentium 4 2.53 Ghz 533MhzFSB and a Radeon 9500 PRO v-card. I have two lined up already that I am looking at. The Asus P4T533-C MOBO(which is recomended by Maximum PC) and the Intel Desktop Board D850EMV2L. which one? It is realyy urking me. :hammer:

Well see ya next time!

The Reign of Chaos has begun (so just embrace it)

Hey man,

Not much jus chillin with a

Now to answer your question, Asus have always made descent motherboards so i would go for that one:thumb:

Embrace the rugby:laugh:

Comment

I've got that Asus board and it runs sweet..:thumb:

:cheers:

Comment

Stay away from the Intel mobo as it has no overclockin' potential at all.

Comment

Dude!

Of course there is overclocking on P4 MOBOS. My friend overclocked a Pentium 4 from a 2.4 GHz to a 2.6. And he isn't even a pro at it. So quit sayin that.

You just gotta love CHAOS:flames:

Comment

Dude He ment the motherboard not the processor:laugh:

Comment

Dude! you gotta read up on other people's post more than one time...b4 you comment on them...:laugh: :cheers:
              - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                Stay away from the Intel mobo as it has no overclockin' potential at all.
                Literacy seems to be a big problem here these days. :rolleyes2

Comment

Sorry guys. I just sort of scanned through the message and was not paying attention. I don't know about the Intel MOBOs. Sorry

You must still embrace my CHAOS

Comment

Hey, do any of you guys like Iwill boards? they seem to be cool. Not as nice as the Asus one though. Tell me what ya think.

CHAOS Rocks Dude:flames:

Comment

Myself I'm partial to the Albatron mainboards... Would be nice to see a dual channel setup from Albatron, but alas no show :( But the PX845PE series are very nice (for oc'ng, can't beat the PX845PEV-800). Just my opinion :)

Comment

hmmmm ALbatron:lips:

Comment

lol look he's drooling..

:cheers:

Comment

Hey Chaos,

I just recently built a new rig and I am beyond pleased with the mobo it bought. It's the Albatron PX845PE Series. This board has duel bioses specifically for OCing. I have so far successfully OCed my 2.4 P4 to 2.99 and I don't even think I'm close to topping out. I just recieved 16,298 last night on 3DMark2k1 which isn't bad at all. I hope to get into the 17k range soon, now that is running with the big dogs.
                            So, if you plan to OC your 2.5 I would go with the Albatron. Read any and all reviews on this board and they all come back with the same opinion, Awesome! TT's review was a 9.5 out of 10. I'm running OCZ PC3500 Ram @ 413mhz with it which helps also. My 9700 Pro is modded a bit which busted my 3DMark2K1 score by about 400 points. It's an awesome board all around

-Hawks:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                            X