ECS Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECS Motherboards

does anyone know how i can tweak an ECS motherboard?

I've used a couple of ECS mobos in the past and found them to be fairly untweakable. Look in your mobo manual or check for it on ECS' site to see if there are any bios settings that allow for manually settings any of the speeds and multipliers on the board. This is very model specific.

Comment

ECS (like Biostar, PCChips, etc) are basically OEM motherboards and have little to work with. If ya want to overclock then pay the money for a motherboard that will do the job properly.

Comment

hey there is a way :)
        don't have all details at hand but if u look around theres some custom bios's around that transform the ecs into something quite tweakable ;]
        i can find the details again no probs if you want let me know.
        g/l

:afro:

Comment

I have a ECS mobo, whit KT333 that seams to suport (as written in users manual) FSB333 processors. OK, but WHITOUT OC?

Comment

Some ECS mobo's have a limited FSB adjustments but no voltage ones though slightly more flexible BIOS's can be obtained for greater FSB adjustments but a soldering iron will be needed to get the voltage changes required for good overclocking. IMO it ain't worth it.

Comment

My ECS, K7VTA3 v 5.0, has FSB and core voltaje adjustable from BIOS, jumper settings on board for 166Mhz FSB but at this value are changed the AGP and PCI frequensis too, althow in users manual guide says that it supports FSB333 processors ( let say Barton). Is this possible without beeng a realy overcloacking?

Comment

Yes, and no. The CPU may not be overclocked, but the system may be.

Of course, if I overclock, and even if I don't, I steer the hell away from ECS.

Comment

Working...
                X