Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nvidia 43.45 driver out today

Hi folks-

New nvidia driver released today. Is this just for the FX? Anybody know?

Discuss.

mot

Actually if you read the text on the upper left corner of that page it says that all detonator drivers are foreward and reverse compatable .... meaning that you should be able to use the drivers on all Nvidia GPUs. I have used about 15-20 different drivers over the last year or two on either my GF2 MX400 or my current GF4 MX440 and have never had any problems with reverse compatability. Older cards will not take advantage of all that is included within the newer drivers but they will work. In my experience newer versions usually equal better proformance in benchmarking programs but it depends upon the overall configuration of your system what the true optimal driver is. Looks like a driver that I'll have to try ....
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Thnx for the link:thumb:

Comment

Installed and tested 43.45 .... is great on my system so far! The graphics seem cleaner and clearer than ever on both my monitor and T.V. My 3DMark2001SE benchmarks droped a little (50 points or so), 3DMark03 went up a little and GL Excess went up a little. Rivatuner complains that it hasn't been tested with this driver but so far it's all good.
        As rugbydude said Thnx for the link!
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

it's ok

Comment

No way!!! i am not installing anymore detonator drivers just yet. I was running the included 28.32 drivers till upto 1 and 1/2 week ago. One week ago i upgraded to the 41.09 and a boost in 3dmarks smart. I think 41.09's are the cleanest thus far with no problems whatsoever. I tried guru and majorgeek, then nvidia for the newer 42's and 43's. Every server i seemed to extract these files from did not seem to work. Thus found this so frustrating, i am leaving the drivers for now.

Comment

:) The 43.45's work great for me.:)

Comment

Hey there Doc...
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

HEY GUYS
                  I have these new drivers and i wanna make the GL settings better on my geforce 4mx440 .

here is the new thing. wat do you think is optimal?

Comment

Working...
                  X