about the new alienware case....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the new alienware case....

Hi, I'm sure most people here will know about Alienware's new case style ( http://www.alienware.com) but, can you buy them seperatly (not as alienware branded, but as a normal case, ala dragon of old).

Also, what do you think of the case? Personally I think it looks pretty nice, though I'm unsure about its bulky looks. Nice features though, especially the wiring rig at the back (check out the site to see what I mean). Anywhere you know where I can get one of those?...

Thx for your help

what i know of modding and all it only takes a matter of months for other companies to copy the alienware cases. i don't think they sell the cases by themselves. i think you would have found it on the site for sale somewhere. i think it's a nice looking case.

now all it got to do is find a way to get some of my case ideas to become reality.

Comment

thanks, as a follow up, did alienware design the dragon then all the other companies copied it, or did they buy from manufactureres? keep the rplies and opinions coming :)

Comment

from my opinion i think they have a company make the cases for them. and on contract it probably states that the manufaturer cannot use the design for x amount of months. it is only sensible for a computer company like alienware to get some of the kit from outside sources. in the long run it's cheaper.

since i'm not sure how long the new design has been out i can't really venture a guess on when the case might come out to the public seperately. i would have to say around christmas time or early next year you will start seeing it pop up. going by what has happened with the older design.

most likely they designed it and had it manufactured by outside sources.

this is just speculation on my part so what i'm saying is what i have noticed in the past.

Comment

It's definitely a cool looking case, but it kinda reminds me of the doodes from the 'Star Wars' bar scene, you know, in the band playing claronette-like instruments. With those big bug eyes. heh... ;)

Comment

It have got to be the coolest case that i've ever saw, i can't wait to get my hands on one of those, like some ppl stated avobe, it is just a matter of time, before a company comes out with a version of their own.

Comment

Actually some company (probably in SE Asia) would be building that case for Alienware under contract but whether it'll even wind up for sale as just a case for the general sale to the public will be another matter all together.

Comment

Working...
              X