Mac LCD used? where to buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac LCD used? where to buy??

OK, where would I be able to find one of these babies in good condition for less than 700?? anybody know of forsale forums for Mac users???
    I got to play with it yesterday during the LANparty at the store and I am hooked. I gotta get me one of these. I dont know how much they go for at cost, so I am trying to find them used.
    Please give me some good directions. Already tried ebay, but I only found few of them and they were about twice what i want to spend.
    CINEMA DISPLAY LCD I can deal with 20in, but love the 22model
    :drool: :drool: :drool:

Mac's? Sheez it looks like I have to get one as well to learn on so I can service the local school's ones. :(

Comment

I have heard that these displays won't work on a pc. A quick check on Apple's site had these items on the spec page:

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
        I have heard that these displays won't work on a pc. A quick check on Apple's site had these items on the spec page:
        correct i belive you need some kind of scan converter since Apple doesn't use straight DVI connections.

I know some places that sell a ADC to DVI connector which would a llow a seamless hookup to a PC DVI-D connector..

Comment

They do need a converter, which I already have. But I just need a grand to get it. But they do work with PCs. I played CS on it and it kicked butt! :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
            They do need a converter, which I already have. But I just need a grand to get it. But they do work with PCs. I played CS on it and it kicked butt! :thumb:
            thats actually how I know they need the converter. @ LinuxWorld 2003 in NY the Gentoo guys had a booth with UT2K3 running on a PC with a Mac Cinema display.. it was sweet..:thumb:

Comment

Well, I guess you learn something new every day. Never heard of the adapter before. Now I'd be interesteed in one if I could afford it. I did find that Amazon has a page where you can ask them to sell you a used one that meets your specs if it becomes available to them.

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/pre...580253-5552707

Comment

hey bigjack, its still too much. I will try going through our store see if I can get a deal that I can actually afford. My boss is pretty cool about giving away deals. Like 3x120GB drives for $70. hehe.

Comment

You can choose your own price on that page. I would guess that they service the people with the highest prices first though.

Comment

I use one here at work sometimes (only the 19") and it is great. :) The DVI connector is slightly different to the standard connector, in that it has an extra couple pins in the shape of an + on one end. But some of them use the standard VGA cable.

One thing I've noticed with ours here is that it gets it's power from that one cable as well, so that's something to take into consideration.

Comment

I personally like the fact that the power button glows when you push it! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                      X