MSN Messenger V5 For XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN Messenger V5 For XP

How do I fix the problem when I try to run Audio Tuning Wizard it says "We are unable to run the Audio Tuning Wizard at this time." I've rebooted and even reinstalled MSN Messenger but it still won't work. Please help.

This is more of an Application question so I'm moving it to that forum.
    My Machine

Comment

Make sure you have all the updates from microsoft. www.windowsupdate.com

I know there is an update there for messenger, but Im not sure which version. Either way its a good idea to get most of the updates found there.

Comment

I went to the windows update site and got the only available upgrade, the "Windows Messenger Audio Update" one. But that didn't fix the problem. The message still occurs and i can't have voice or video chats.
        By the way i am running windows XP.

Comment

do you have a firewall installed? when you run audio tuning wizard, does it ask for connecting to internet.
          if it does then do see that you don't click "No" to the pop-up window? you need to have your mic connected when you start this wizard. check that it is connected.
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

it happened to me before,
            what i did just simply go to "START" buttom--- setting--- comtrol panel-----sound!!

open ur voice chat, and do the "test hardware" at the same time step by step, after u finish the playback check, the sound will be worked... i dont know yours, but it worked to me all the time...:thumb:
            dont know the reasons!!!:confused: hope it works

BTW, i remember a question by go through this.
            when i normally open the M$N Messenger after i bootup widows, sometimes the Installtion screen comes out and it looks it reinstall it self once again... and it disappear after 56.4 sec...
            it happened 4 in 10 times,, i dont know why...is it a bug or what?
            any one has the same prob like this???

thanks for any help!!

:cheers:
            P.S. i am using Win XP+sp1 VLK

Comment

Working...
            X