AMD Tbird's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Tbird's

hey jus wondering if anyone has a date when amd stopped makin tbird's? thx :)

Was just before october.

Thats when I had my new system built, and I rang the place I was getting it from to confirm & pay and wham- no stock on any tbird, plenty of stock on the XPs

Comment

You can still get the T-Birds through some channels if they haven't sold out..... according to my main supplier Compuworld they still have the 1.2GHz and 1.4GHz models in stock :?:

But the price difference between the 1.4GHz T-Bird and the 1.4GHz (1600+) Palomino is less than $20, it's worth paying extra for the cooler temps and SSE instruction set. :)
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

thanks for the responses :) A guy was tryin to tell me they stopped makin tbirds in sept 2000 :o

Comment

I have a tbird 1300 bought in december

Comment

They're getting harder to find...my usual supplier can't get any and have taken them off the website....

Comment

Yep my 2 suppliers can't get anymore. The production of the T'birds finished when the production of the XP's started and what stocks have been around since were those from stockpiles that AMD and distro's had. :smokin:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:cry: :cry: :cry: So no new tbirds anymore?

Comment

Sadly no...

As much as I love my current setup with the XP series chip, I just loved saying to friends "Thats a 1.2ghz Thunderbird in there". Coolest damn cpu name ever.

And hello to anyone who still remembers seeing me around here. It's been 6 months since I was last here. Too long.

Comment

Damn, that's too bad. I'm glad I have my AXIA 1.2

Comment

Got an AHYJA 1.4GHz, and I think it's a coveted "Y" variant. I should right down the stuff on the core when I take it out next week.

Comment

I heard last week that Intel stopped making 386's????

GOD NO !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

==========

haha

Comment

I didn't even know they stopped making them....they still make the older durons why would they stop making newer TBird's becides my supplier newegg.com always has tbirds in stock even on the 200MHz bus...heh

Comment

Thats all stockpile. They stopped in Oct 2001.

Originally posted by zeradul
                            I heard last week that Intel stopped making 386's????

GOD NO !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
                            Yup happened two weeks ago. Out of the Blue - WHAM! Intel says no more.

Comment

i got the last tbird a 1.4ghz in the last week of september are you guys saying the tbird was or is a good processor compared to the others on the market i always felt that the tbird runs damn hot

Comment

Working...
                              X