GeForce4 MX440 - available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce4 MX440 - available

A local guy here has Leadtech GF4 MX 440's in stock for $235cdn - I don't know the Core clock - but it has 64MB of 4ns DDR.

and this morning his website show's every GF3Ti as "sold out" - interesting......

Coincidentally - my supplier had GF3Ti200's for $235cdn last week as well.
    I think I would take the GF3 over the GF4MX for the same price...GF4MX prices will probably drop a bit in the next couple of week's though.

There has been a world wide shortage of GF3 Ti chips for the last 5-6 weeks which would mean that these cards won't last long in a lot of markets. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by RDR
      A local guy here has Leadtech GF4 MX 440's in stock for 5cdn - I don't know the Core clock - but it has 64MB of 4ns DDR.

Hey RDR if you don't mind me asking, who exactly is that local guy???:rolleyes2 I'm still looking for somewhere to buy my gf4 ti 4200 when it comes out. Oh and thanks for the web pages you told me about before.

Comment

from the looks of it the gf4mxs look like a wank. either go for gf3 or gf4tis...:scream:

Comment

Originally posted by infielder6

Hey RDR if you don't mind me asking, who exactly is that local guy???:rolleyes2 I'm still looking for somewhere to buy my gf4 ti 4200 when it comes out. Oh and thanks for the web pages you told me about before.

:thumb:

Comment

If you're not looking for case mods or special fans. You should check out www.yesplay.com they are cheaper for a lot of things.. i think.

Comment

I still can get a geforce 3 card here at every store!:D

Comment

Originally posted by infielder6
                If you're not looking for case mods or special fans. You should check out www.yesplay.com they are cheaper for a lot of things.. i think.
                Actually I have a corporate account with Elco Systems - that's where I buy 80% of my Hardware - I email my rep a .pdf of the purchase order & I have the hardware by 9am the next day :D. their prices on in stock items are very, very good - not so good on special order items. Big ticket stuff like 3Com rack mount switches and LCD projectors - I get from Insight Canada...not quite as convenient, but a huge selection...website is a bit of a pain to navigate though :rolleyes:

PC Canada and the other places I generally use just for comparison - they are a little expensive, especially for CPU coolers

Comment

Do they deliver international?

Comment

: party ha But the Gf4mmx's are availible on the west cost from,

$129-139 usd......fyi

Comment

Comment

For those intersted......... U can add WWW.NEWEGG.COM to the list. They just add Gainward, MSI, and ABIT versions...... the Abit looks like my current favorite @$132 usd......

^^^^^ have ya seen one yet, I got to play with one yesterday. Even though It was the mmx varity......she ran really sweet. out benched a g3 ti 200 by 40 frames......I'm sure the big g4's will blow it's socks off. But as near as I can tell their not here yet. +++ their not $400-500 either.:glasses2:

Comment

The GF3's outscore the gf4mx440 in most of the 3dmark2k1 scores and others by a long shot...check the comparison at Tomshardware. Anandtech's reviews are much the same.

I'd be a bit wary of the gf4mx's as they don't have full dx8 functionality (no vertex or pixel shaders yet)....for a bit more the gf3's give full dx8 functionality and higher performance most of the time.

If you can afford the gf4ti's go for it

Comment

The performance of the GeForce4 MX440 and 460 cards, however, proved to be very impressive. Especially the GeForce4 MX460, which is able to score results as high as those of the GeForce3 Ti200, or even the Ti500 cards. Both are able to beat ATi's Radeon 7500 in most cases. (tom's reveiw)

My point is it's the mmx class card.........budget. They did a good job on this class of card, that's my point I'm sure the G4 ti's and better will be better. The one I got to see day before yesterday was the 460. It is a big improvement over the gf2mx, and it looked very impressive aganst the gf3 ti 200. For those that haven't seen it and have a mmx bious, I'm just saying its a power packed card for it's class.;)

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbugger
                              The GF3's outscore the gf4mx440 in most of the 3dmark2k1 scores and others by a long shot...check the comparison at Tomshardware. Anandtech's reviews are much the same.

I'd be a bit wary of the gf4mx's as they don't have full dx8 functionality (no vertex or pixel shaders yet)....for a bit more the gf3's give full dx8 functionality and higher performance most of the time.

If you can afford the gf4ti's go for it
                              Ive got hold of a Sparkle Geforce 4 440, the driver that came with it aren't bad but i cannot get the Detonator drivers
                              to work .... any ideas???

Comment

Working...
                              X