Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the cheapest cable modem deal I have seen yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the cheapest cable modem deal I have seen yet!

I went to www.surpluscomputers.com and in their search engine typed in cable modem and ordered a refurbished 3 com US Robotics CMX 2940 external cable modem for $19.95! It works with most providers and I am getting better speeds than what I had on my rented modem from my cable company! The modem itself came with a modem and power supply, but no manual. The modem I ordered is in EXCELLENT condition, though. If you are looking to reduce your monthly cable internet bill by owning your own modem, check and see if this will work with your ISP and then if it will....order one! You won't be dissapointed! Also at $19.95 what have you got to lose? It sure does beat me having to pay an extra 10.00 a month for renting a modem from my cable internet provider ! Most cable internet providers will give you a reduced rate if you own your own modem. (Here in the U.S. anyway, I don't know about other countries) Check it out!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.
Working...
X