PDA

View Full Version : Music Suggestions! Your favourate stuff and new bands you re

Steve(MrScruff)
05-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Music Music Music - i love it and would like your suggestions for the good stuff - i want to expand my music collection so just note down your fave stuff or any new bands you recommend! I like most stuff but nooooo noooo nooooo POP unless its retro kool pop he he but i will commit if anyone suggest Justin Timberlake or Hanson. Cheers Peeeps! :afro:

ta ta

pepsi_max2k
05-01-2003, 10:32 PM
The Crocketts or their new incarnation of The Crimea. there's info on both at http://www.inaudible.co.uk

Steve(MrScruff)
05-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Cheers for those - couldn't get anything on croketts but crimea is one of thier songs called lottery winners on acid or somet?!

ta ta

pepsi_max2k
05-01-2003, 10:40 PM
uh.. yeah... that'll be them... supose you heard them on "uncle peel's" show. the crox stuff is all over the lyrics section. check the downloads bit and there's a link to a crox song in there.

Steve(MrScruff)
05-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Yeah crimea are excellent - well from what i have just heard! aint listen to john for a long time - prob due to not having a radio! Anything else?

ta ta

pepsi_max2k
05-01-2003, 10:47 PM
how the hell d'u find out about them then?
more music um..... murry the hump are good, and the llama farmers.... camera obscura if you want quieter stuff... moldy peaches are good for a laugh, if you find any little blue crunchy things stuff then you might like it. anyone other than me ever heard of them? sleeper are excellent and i'll not mention the collection of s club 7 stuff a few metres away from me.

Steve(MrScruff)
05-01-2003, 10:55 PM
All i can say is thats its a little P2P thing called LUSerNET. But ill look into them cheers! Just downloading some Alice Cooper Retro! You could send me the S club stuff if you like - i have a fire which needs fuel and pop burns well! ;)

cheers ta ta

rugbydude
05-02-2003, 02:54 AM
InMe thats some good british rock shiite:D also check out millencolin thasts good sweedish shiiiiite:D

Beefy
05-02-2003, 07:07 AM
I've been listening to HIM lately (or whatever they call themselves now...)

Not a bad little band. Got some cool songs.

Osiris
05-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Ben Kweller is a f**king ace new talent on the scene, also check out Product, quite an obscure band but excellent.

Steve(MrScruff)
05-02-2003, 08:03 PM
cheers guys -

ruggers - INME rock - a bit wierd with the english accents on the typically american music, bit like streets in a way (not the music of course) i just downed the overgrown eden album!

I listened to bullion by millencollin and i thought oh no not another punk band but then i just got penguins and polar bears and i think they kick hairy ass now specially cause they are swedish +i have a mate from sweden on my uni floor!

beefy- i couldn't find anything by HIM but im still on the search!

osiris - ben kweller is v.good although i only heard harriats got a song! Couldn't find out by PRODUCT but agiain still on the look out! thanks!

ta ta

rugbydude
05-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Glad too see u have a good sence in music. And bullion is takin from life ona plate this album was released in 1994 which is why u might have though it was basic punk. Look for music from their latest home from home album which is by far the best album.

Best songs= mouse or man
kemp
afghan:thumb:

Beefy
05-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Ben Kweller is a f**king ace new talent on the scene, also check out Product, quite an obscure band but excellent.

Is that one of the Three Bens? (Folds, Lee and him?)

Steve(MrScruff)
05-03-2003, 05:46 PM
ruggers- yep just downloaded their home from home album and it does defiently rock! They did sounds pretty old in that first song i got so they have been out for a long time then - erik my swedish mate says they were real big in sweden!

beefy - the three bens is that a band or just random saying about those lads?

Any more suggestions?

Ta Ta :thumb:

rugbydude
05-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Well wot type of music are u into or do u keep an open mind??
:confused:

Steve(MrScruff)
05-03-2003, 08:08 PM
i am very much an open minded music man!

tat a

rugbydude
05-03-2003, 08:19 PM
Then how about some queens of the stone age. And there latest song go with the flow. If uve got the right connection i highly recommend getting the video its genious:thumb:

Steve(MrScruff)
05-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah the Queens rock - i love their new stuff which reminds me i havn't got there album so ill have to look out for that also the video! Just downloaded LOVE BOX by groove armada its f*kin fantastic!

ta ta

rugbydude
05-03-2003, 08:40 PM
The new queens of the stone age album is very original and has some really amazing songs on it. Highly recommended:thumb:

Also good new albums: Inme-overgrown eden
Linkin park-meteora
Feeder-comfort in sound
:thumb:

Steve(MrScruff)
05-04-2003, 12:46 AM
Got them all lad! But thanks anywayz......Maybe i should just create a recommend new music thread in the beer garden or summit? What do you reckon?

ta ta

rugbydude
05-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Well its here anyway so lets jus get a moderator to move it:thumb:

another recommendation:adema-self titiled

Steve(MrScruff)
05-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Yeah they sound pretty damn good! But what is track 11 called cause alas there it wasn't avialable? Have you heard any of the new stereophonics tracks? I have four of them and they sound brilliant!

ta ta

Steve(MrScruff)
05-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Just to let Beefy know i actually found some HIM but cannot listen to them due to my girlfriend being in bed! DOPE but ill update you later! ;)

ta ta

//alias
05-05-2003, 05:44 PM
groove armarda is the ****!
yeah!
umm, decent moosic.... uuum, anything by the hives or the vines, umm, weezer - hash pipe (its olllldd, prolly heard it), ummm
think of some more later....

//alias

Steve(MrScruff)
05-05-2003, 06:04 PM
Cheers Yeah GA are the bomb, so are the Hives - got their best of. Got one song by the vines but gonna look for some more - weezer are brill - love the video with the muppets innit! I never new hash pipe was done by them until i downloaded it - its a brill song! :woot:

ta ta

//alias
05-05-2003, 07:23 PM
i just found this one on my hd.
crystal method - trip like i do.
:thumb:

//alias

rugbydude
05-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Track 11 on ademas album would be Drowning. Bit of a dark song there but then again they all are. But one of my fsvourite songd is giveing in on track no.3. highly recommened u download that:thumb:

The__tweaker
05-06-2003, 02:24 AM
CLAWFINGER

FREAKIN' AWESOME BAND

rugbydude
05-06-2003, 03:49 AM
i second that my ******:laugh:

The__tweaker
05-06-2003, 09:33 AM
i second that my ******:laugh:

WTF MAN!? :blah:

Goddamn my man you see I can't understand why you wanna say ****** to your brother man.. :shrug:

Talking black pride then you call yourself a ****** don't bring yourself down cos it just don't figure.. :hmph:

Take a look at yourself and your history you don't look like a goddamn ****** to me..
------------------>:afro: <------------------

It's a negative word and the white man made it, gave you a name to dominate and trade it, making blood money of his very own race man and all of this because the colour of your face man..

Placed and educated in a neighbourhood of crime taught from the beginning that you weren't worth time, liquor store and gun store next to one another with only one purpose so you all kill each other..:shoot:

Leaving one less problem to worry about that's the way they do it this is how it turns out and justice for all with the American government I wanna know where all the goddamn money went we didn't see it and it didn't do no good I guess you couldn't give a **** about a black neighbourhood.. :scream:

There's always gonna be fanatical minorities the ku klux klan and ****ed up authorities conservative ****s and religious preachers I don't care cos they ain't our teachers.. : :shrug:

Living a life they say is free from sin then they judge another person by the colour of their skin I feel ashamed of myself I'm a white human being surrounded by suckers afraid to be seeing..

There ain't such a thing called superior race and there ain't nothing special 'bout the colour of your face you've got a one way ticket to the end of the street the pressure is on so feel the heat.. :angryfire

Media pollution is a very bad solution hypocritical hype is your only contribution so leave us alone and give your brothers some space cos you're a lousy contribution to the human race..:mad:

rugbydude
05-06-2003, 02:01 PM
We all know u know the lyrics man theres no need to show them off:laugh:

Steve(MrScruff)
05-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Damn them to hell they don't have drowning - better write it down on the Wanted Music List!

Got the rest of the vines highly evolved album and that rocks most def.

What do you reckon to Audio Slave then?

Have you heard zack de la rochas new single - March of death? Its a collaberation with DJ Shadow it it rocks monkey nuts man its brill!

Only two songs by the crystal method on LUSerNET - no actually they just buggered off now middle of download so i can't listen to them looks like they will be on the wanted music list now!! dammit

and nothing by claw finger - i don't suppose they did a song called when i grow up by any chance did they?

cheers for all the suggestions peeps

ta ta!

rugbydude
05-07-2003, 12:00 AM
hmmm audioslave the true eveloution of two great bands, rage against the machine and soundgarden. I have to say that audioslave is one of the best bands of today and there self titled album ranks highly with me:D If any of you would like any of the songs mentioned just add me on an instant messanger and i'll be happy to send them to you:D :thumb:

Osiris
05-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Is that one of the Three Bens? (Folds, Lee and him?)

He is indeed :D.

I managed to see them live at the Palais in March, was freakin' ace :).

Anything by any of the Bens is class (to me at least :)).

Nosferatu
05-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Within Temptation and the Mother Earth album in particular. You have to like gothic rock, but its worth a try