Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7V Bios 1009 - The Bios of Death

Please, don´t do what I did.
    I was happy with the Bios 1008 of the A7V motherboard, then I flashed the new Bios, 1009. Now I can´t restart my compyuter because, when i do that, it doesn´t recognizes my HD that is in the ATA 100.
    :mad: :snip:

well first of i hae the A7A board and it told me that the 1009 was for my MB not yours.

did you use the flash program that came with the MB?

if you did and you still have a computer screen(whitch i dint hae anything at all whe it messed up my computer)

you can undo that flash and go back to 1008

Comment

I hope that ya saved the old BIOS just for emergencies like that so ya can reflash it back. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well, the 1009 is for my mb, A7V, i saw this at Asus site.
        I don´t have any doubt about that.
        I still use my computer almost withou problems. Only when I need to reboot is that the problem occurs.
        The computer won´t find any HD on the ATA 100 and since my HD is connected to that, The computer will ask for a system disk.
        I used the flas program that i downloaded at Asus site. It´s name is "Asus Update".
        I can´t reflash the old bios back because the program says:
        "you're trying to flash an older bios. if you sure you want to do this, you must flash under DOS". And I hate DOS

Comment

well do you hae the cd that came with the MB????

theres a program on there that will alow you to flash back if you want it also finds the bios update for you .

ad it sould alow you to restore your last bios

Comment

"I flashed the new Bios, 1009"

"I can´t reflash the old bios back because the program says:
            "you're trying to flash an older bios. if you sure you want to do this, you must flash under DOS". And I hate DOS"

You don't have to use the asus program. Just do like it said and us dos. Its not especially diffiult, just get yourself a Win 98 boot disk and have at it. No big deal!

Comment

Working...
            X