Ocerclocking vs Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocerclocking vs Windows XP

I used to overclock my Athlon 700 to 777Mhz but since i instaled Windows XP I can´t do that anymore, because I doesn´t run when it´s overclocked.
    What should I do?

if you can't over clock AT ALL and still use windows XP, i personally, would go with winxp and remain at stock *shudder*

after all, 77MHz is a very very unnoticeable difference
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Yes Andy is right if all you can get is 777 then the difference is not noticeable plus the added stability of WinXP will almost offset that difference

Comment

Yeah keep running at 700!

Comment

XP also uses more resources to run which is probably pushin' your CPU over the edge. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

overclocking by 77mhz bout as gd
            as...erm....ermmmm................ermmmmmmmmm..... ..a 56k modem

56k Modem

Comment

BTW is this Athlon 700 a slot A or socket A? If it's a socket A why not just unlock the L1 bridges and up the multipier as most were good for 900MHz and a few would go up to a 1GHz with good coolin'. :smokin:

Comment

It´s a socket A athlon
                I read about the unlock of the bridges but i have a doubt: I read that you should use a pencil to unlock the bridges. Is that a ordinary pencil, like those we use to write, or is it a special pencil?

Comment

A good sharp HB pencil should do the trick just don't cross to the other bridges so it's best to use a magnifying glass while doing it and go back and forth several times over each bridge. If you happen to cross bridges just use a rubber to erase the marking.
                  This is also providing your motherboard can then manipulate the multipier settings. :smokin:

Comment

I thought 2B pencils were better than HB for unlocking T-Birds? :confused: :?:
                    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Thanks, Wiggo, I´ll try that one latter, when i get the courage to do it.

Comment

I have done it with a hb pencil

Comment

Originally posted by [size=7
                          Albinus[/size]]
                          I thought 2B pencils were better than HB for unlocking T-Birds? :confused: :?:
                          Apparently any pencil between H2 and B2 will work by all reports but the HB has worked for me on every ocassion that I've been asked to perform the job. :smokin:

Comment

OK - I'll remember that next time somebody asks me ;)
                            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                            X