HELP...w/Win XP Pro Group Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP...w/Win XP Pro Group Policy

I have a few roommates that uses my XP Pro box to play games and surf the net, etc. Up til last week I never really had a problem, until one of my clueless roommate deleted a few important documents by accident.

I've created a few limited account on my box, so they can use my comp...but how do I limit their access to such thing as installing new software, access to the control panel, etc...

I've been playing with XP Group Editor, but have been unable to make the rules applied to a single / specific user. Evrytime I make a change using gpedit.msc it applies to all the users...

well that is what group policy editor is made to do. you can even see that from the name "GROUP policy" i.e. it will apply on a complete group.
    so imo that leaves with you just one choice...create a new group and add those users to that group from where you can edit the settings. you can even create group for every user.
    that doesn't sound very proffessional to do but i don't have any other ideas. may be someone else will be able to help you.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
    X