can i....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i....

i have more than 1 account on my XP system and a dial up internet connection...what i want to know is can i switch between users while remaining connected to the net? if so. how do i do this?

i dunno if this will work, but you go
    start > logoff > switch user
    to my knowledge, this doesn't log the other user off, it just logs into another account
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

sorry i should have mentioned that i did try that and it didnt work for me...

Comment

:\
        i'm out of ideas (even tho it was only one :p)
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

all good andy. thanks anyway
          i too thought that would work but it d/c'ed me :(, maybe i have something i need to change in my settings? i dunno? anyone else?

Comment

if you create the same dialup account in both user accounts I think it may allow you to stay on. Also in the properties of the dialup make sure it says that other users can use this account. I don't know if that will work but give it a try

Comment

k thx for ur suggestions guys...

i got it working.
              what you have to do is:
              - make sure you have the same connection/settings in both accounts(which i had)
              - set it as the default connection in both accounts (i only had it as default in mine)
              - check "always dial my default connection"(i had "dial whenever a network connection is not present)

after doing all that, simply go to Log Off> Switch user, and if all of the above is the same in both accounts, she'll be shweet!;)
              :cheers:

Comment

Glad we could be of service

Comment

even though u didnt actually give me the solution ;) hehe. nah thanks for tryin anyway....i think i remember seeing that option that you suggested but for the life of me i couldnt find it today..-shrugs- oh well, didnt need it anyway

Comment

i have tried this method, and it does not seem to work.

all 3 user accounts have Telstra as the default connection, and its set to always dial the default connection in all accounts. a shortcut is in the "All Users" profile. do i have to make a new connection in every account for this to work?

Comment

just an idea..
                      try right clicking "my network places"
                      double click on ur connection(while u are offline)
                      and see if u have "save this user name and password for the following users is checked.." and under that..."anyone who uses this computer"
                      good luck....

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q305896

just worth noting

Comment

Originally posted by Synthetic
                          just an idea..
                          try right clicking "my network places"
                          double click on ur connection(while u are offline)
                          and see if u have "save this user name and password for the following users is checked.." and under that..."anyone who uses this computer"
                          good luck....
                          yeah its already set, still no luck..:mad: :mad:

well i tried searching the Microsoft Support thanks to the tipoff by sks, and no help.

Comment

got it working, fast user switching :) :)

works for me, doesnt work for others?

Comment

um..check above man..that was what we were saying at the start of the thread...what were u doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X