PDA

View Full Version : AGP4x + VIA Chipsets Fix for Win XP?

Cronion
05-11-2003, 02:49 AM
I read the web page about AGP4x + VIA Chipsets Fix for Win 9x and Win 2000, but what about Win XP? I have a Tyan S1854 Trinity 400 motherboard with a Apollo Pro 133A chipset (4x AGP, Slot 1/Slot 370) and have just installed an ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card. The operating system is so unstable that it crashes before starting up Windows (XP). Granted I didnít remove the old graphics card software, I have a feeling there is a lot more to it than that, especially after ready your web page. I can only access the computer from Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking (Safe Mode with VGA crashes). Have you any suggestions?

-Gregg

coolermaster
05-11-2003, 05:14 AM
I have had the same problem with an Asus mother board which had a kt400 chipset, the answer is ditch the board, mine was brand new and I put a brand new Radeon 9800 pro in and straight away lock ups and freeze ups! after some investigation I found out that Radeon are a bugger with some boards! I went out and got another Asus board (A7N8X) which has an Nforce2 chipset and that was that no more problems everything was sweet! An expensive exercise but after spending £350 on the Radeon card it was worth it! Good Luck:thumb:

XBoy
05-11-2003, 05:49 AM
I have had the same problem with an Asus mother board which had a kt400 chipset, the answer is ditch the board, mine was brand new and I put a brand new Radeon 9800 pro in and straight away lock ups and freeze ups! after some investigation I found out that Radeon are a bugger with some boards! I went out and got another Asus board (A7N8X) which has an Nforce2 chipset and that was that no more problems everything was sweet! An expensive exercise but after spending £350 on the Radeon card it was worth it! Good Luck:thumb:

Good choic on that ASUS board :thumb: