Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Default Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

i have 2 of asrock motherboards.i used xfast ram utility:i don't like that i cannot uninstall the app and remains the driver that is found as an unknow drive after restart.the utility after uninstall shoud remove ALL the files and "partition" created.please do something.(sometimes i cannot use portable apps with xfast ram as i usualy do without xfast ram)

Hi,

This is really trivial I guess but when I installed Windows 7 on my son's new Asrock machine, the red/blue case light stopped working. Nothing happens when I play with the switch on the front of the case. Is there a BIOS setting I need to set in order for it to work? I just want everything to work as advertised before I hand it over.

Regards, Gerry

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1987blue View Post
    Hi,

This is really trivial I guess but when I installed Windows 7 on my son's new Asrock machine, the red/blue case light stopped working. Nothing happens when I play with the switch on the front of the case. Is there a BIOS setting I need to set in order for it to work? I just want everything to work as advertised before I hand it over.

Regards, Gerry
    No idea what ASRock board you have, but it sounds like the "Good Night LED" option is enabled in the BIOS, which turns off the power and HDD activity LEDs. Of course you said "case light", which could be something else, but since you mentioned the power switch, I assume you mean the power and HDD LEDs.

What's odd is, you say the lights stopped working after you installed Windows 7? So they worked before that? I don't see how a Windows installation (that works?) caused the LEDs to stop working. Did you install all the software from the board's driver/utility disk? Not that you must, but depending on the board, an ASRock utility program can turn off the LEDs too. Both the BIOS and the utility do not have the LEDs turned off by default.

Quote Originally Posted by silviulian View Post
    i have 2 of asrock motherboards.i used xfast ram utility:i don't like that i cannot uninstall the app and remains the driver that is found as an unknow drive after restart.the utility after uninstall shoud remove ALL the files and "partition" created.please do something.(sometimes i cannot use portable apps with xfast ram as i usualy do without xfast ram)
    To remove the unknown drive, did you first disable the RAM drive in AXTU? If the RAM drive is created, just uninstalling the app (AXTU) and the driver will not automatically completely remove the RAM drive. The RAM drive has an entry in Device Manager, under Storage Controllers, so it is a Windows device, and must be treated as more than just software.

Did you try clearing the BIOS/CMOS to remove the the unknown drive? I don't know if that will work, but it might. Be sure you save your current BIOS settings in a profile (no idea what boards you have, so can't tell you how to do that) before you clear the BIOS/CMOS, and restore any values you need after the clear.

You may need to install and run AXTU again, start the RAM drive again, and then disable it in AXTU before it will not be seen by Windows. I have done this and you can remove the RAM drive completely, but you must do that correctly.

Hi guys, i would like to know what is the exact size of the Asrock Extreme 7 for supporting an air cooler? i think its very limited about the size if i want to put 2 fans on a cooler !!i know that thermalright venoumous-x with 2 enermax fans for ex supports.. unfortunatly i cannot find anywhere the size since the memorys for making quad channel must be 2 of them on the inside!! i wanted to put the prolimatech megashadow or enermax ets-t40-bk. (or another cooler but it must be a black cooler) :)
    ps: by the way the memorys that im using is the Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz (not low profile)

photos of the asrock extreme 7

Photos of the prolimatech and enermax black coolers

Im newbie in this forum. I will try to learn something. Thanks

Hi,
    Typically how long should I wait for tech support to contact me before calling them?
    I killed my bios via a bad flash and just need to order a new chip.
    Thanks.

I have a 990FX Extreme 3. I ordered it in Dec 2013. It didn't boot up at all. No power, no lights, no beeps, and no fans. I rma'd through Newegg and the same issue persists. I only changed the mobo and ram. After the rma, I put my comp back together and it worked flawlessly. So the cpu, power supply, vga, and hd all work fine.I feel like I wouldn't have gotten 2 bad mobos in a row so there must be a compatibility issue or bad ram. I did switch the ram into different slots and tried 1 at a time with no change. I tried to boot with no ram and it powered up but had no video. Any help would be appreciated.

Asrock 990FX Extreme 3
    Phenom II (x2) 555 Black Edition - HDZ555WFGMBOX
    Gskill 2Gx2 F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO - DDR3 1333
    WD BLack Caviar 1TB
    EVGA GTX 460 (x2) SLI
    Thermaltake 850w PSU
    Last edited by kravinsum; 01-28-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kravinsum View Post
    I have a 990FX Extreme 3. I ordered it in Dec 2013. It didn't boot up at all. No power, no lights, no beeps, and no fans. I rma'd through Newegg and the same issue persists. I only changed the mobo and ram. After the rma, I put my comp back together and it worked flawlessly. So the cpu, power supply, vga, and hd all work fine.I feel like I wouldn't have gotten 2 bad mobos in a row so there must be a compatibility issue or bad ram. I did switch the ram into different slots and tried 1 at a time with no change. I tried to boot with no ram and it powered up but had no video. Any help would be appreciated.

Asrock 990FX Extreme 3
    Phenom II (x2) 555 Black Edition - HDZ555WFGMBOX
    Gskill 2Gx2 F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO - DDR3 1333
    WD BLack Caviar 1TB
    EVGA GTX 460 (x2) SLI
    Thermaltake 850w PSU
    First, always post a new thread with your issue in the ASRock forum, this thread is not monitored by ASRock much if at all, as well as forum regulars.

Given the model of CPU you have is correct, I don't see it in the CPU support list for this board. The model number is close but not exact, if that matters:

ASRock > 990FX Extreme3

Hi , I am planning to buy ASRock B85M-ITX Intel LGA1150
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B85M-ITX/
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

==============================
    According to the motherboard feature :
    -Graphics Output Options : DVI-D, D-Sub, HDMI

- Triple Monitor feature

Graphics, graphics and even more graphics! You've demanded for more eye candy, so this motherboard supports Triple Monitor. You may choose up to three display interfaces from the rear i/o to connect monitors and use them simultaneously without installing another graphics card.
    ===============================

My Qs is :
    I Planning to use the DVI on the motherboard to my LCD monitor AND
    at them same time connect the HDMI output to my 40 inch HDTV close to my PC as a Living room TV using XBMC

I wan to know how I switch the monitor signal output to HDTV when I want to use XBMC on the 40 inch HDTV ?

The Triple Monitor feature look to me is split the windows desktop to 50% (in a 2 monitor case), 50% to the (left) monitor and 50% to the (Right) 40 inch HDTV, but that's not how I want it ??

Did I understand correctly or else ?? Help !!

Thanks
    Last edited by ssdrock; 01-30-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread Information