Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Default Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

I own the Extreme6 intel p67 motherboard. The manual says to use PCIE2 and PCIE4 for SLI, but I have the Galaxy 480 GTX Super OC which takes up 3 lanes, so I would have to use PCIE2 and PCIE5. My question is whether it would still run in x8/x8? All references to PCIE5 are regarding using 3 video cards and the fact that PCIE5 would run as x4. Thanks.

Default X4 amd 640 quad core pc

Hi guys, i am a noob and really need a bit of advice.

I have recently purchased a tower with X4 AMD 640 QUAD CORE in it, and was wondering:

When it boots up, should the (properties) in (my computer) say 783MHz then sometimes 1.81GHz then moves up to 3.01GHz??

It has oc tuner, and i thought the processor speed should stay the same in (my computer), (properties) of the processor??

Chalky

Hi Sean,
    I have this board ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0,
    Link to support page is here
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0 > Download

I have recently installed 4GB of RAM, and updated the BIOS to 1.9, in all parts of the BIOS it says its using 1.9, however in windows it says I have 4GB of RAM installed but only 3.2 usuable.

I think its to do with the BIOS as everytime I did the update through windows, as the computer reset when the BIOS came up it said CMOS CHECKSUM BAD but I proceeded with the rest of the stages to update anyway. The BIOS updated in some way as it now says its using 1.9, but i still cant get it too use the full 4GB of RAM any advice

Thank you
    Last edited by Cigaro1; 05-10-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigaro1 View Post
    Hi Sean,
    I have this board ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0,
    Link to support page is here
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0 > Download

I have recently installed 4GB of RAM, and updated the BIOS to 1.9, in all parts of the BIOS it says its using 1.9, however in windows it says I have 4GB of RAM installed but only 3.2 usuable.

I think its to do with the BIOS as everytime I did the update through windows, as the computer reset when the BIOS came up it said CMOS CHECKSUM BAD but I proceeded with the rest of the stages to update anyway. The BIOS updated in some way as it now says its using 1.9, but i still cant get it too use the full 4GB of RAM any advice

Thank you
    You need to be running a 64-bit version of windows for your computer to "see" more than 3.2 GB of RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranelar View Post
    You need to be running a 64-bit version of windows for your computer to "see" more than 3.2 GB of RAM.
    Haha I should of mentioned what windows im running, Its currently Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Its definitly something with the BIOS as I boot up the BIOS window that shows you what hardware is running only says 3200KB. However if I go in to the BIOS setup it says there is 4GB so I am guessing somewhere the motherboard or BIOS aren't talking properly

Thanks for the quick reply though

I have a problem with an Asrock P45XE and an E8500. The problem is the reported fsb. In bios it shows fsb 333 but in windows and any other programs like CPU-Z, 3d mark etc, it shows 328 fsb. The same with 400 fsb (it shows 395). Is there something I'm missing, a setting in bios or sth? Pls help.
    Last edited by devilpriest; 05-13-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigaro1 View Post
    Haha I should of mentioned what windows im running, Its currently Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Its definitly something with the BIOS as I boot up the BIOS window that shows you what hardware is running only says 3200KB. However if I go in to the BIOS setup it says there is 4GB so I am guessing somewhere the motherboard or BIOS aren't talking properly

Thanks for the quick reply though
    You should look for a setting in the Bios, under 'Chipset configuration', it should say 'Flexibility' and that has to be enabled. I had the same problem with my P45xe and 4gb (2x2gb) DDR and it work after enabling that.
    Last edited by devilpriest; 05-14-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Hi, i have a problem, my system is:
    i7 2600k, Asrock P67 Extreme6(latest firmware.1.60)
    Corsair TX 650, Ati 5450, ssd ocz vertex3, 6GB ddr3 1333MHz(1x2 gb, 1x4gb kingmax)
    CM 690, Win7 x64 home premium.
    0xE1 means S3 Boot Script execution
    Is there a solution for that?
    I was testing my computer and I went to sleep mode. Than I again started the computer, but motherboard is constantly restarting and it shows 0xE1 (Dr.Debug codes).
    Is there anybody with that problem, and can you tell me the solution of problem?
    Thank you very much

dean1 is offline Junior Member

just bought x58 extreme 6 from new egg were can i go to all the latest drivers.

in the gigabyte forums there is a sticky for all current drivers can we get something like this for asrock boards.
    Motherboard: Asrock x79 extreme 9
    i7 3930k oc at 4.4ghz
    Liquid cooling +10 120mm fans (its a portable heating unit)
    Ram 32gb g-skill
    2 each Graphics MSI 660ti in sli over clocked gpu 1220 mhz mem 1702mhz
    PSU Coolmax 1200w
    4 ssd 240gb corsair force 3 ssd raid 5
    4 seagate 1.5tb as raid 5
    2 WD 1.5tb as raid 1 back up
    1 sata dvd 1 sata blue/ray
    Case AzzA
    windows 8 cp 64 bit

hello, i have a asrock p67 extreme 4 running bios 1.7, i have my i2500k clocked at 5 ghz and im getting a double or triple boot problem....i have 2 error codes of 60 and F1. any ideas on what this is and how to fix it....i realize the forced recovery and dxe core started in the manual..but, i dont quite understand the issues at hand and how to fix them..thank you for ur time

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information