Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Default Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

One Voltage problem with my 890 GX extreme 3 mainboard. As I've mentioned, I own this mainboard, toghether with phenom 2 955 cpu. The problem is the Vcore, even I set it manually at 1.35 the bios and other programs it shows me working at 1.392. To make it for real to work at 1.35 I haft to set it at 1.3125. How can I solve this, is there any bios setting I haft to make in order to function properly? Thank you.

When posting questions, please provide as much info as possible such as full system specs, what operating system and drivers you are using and please describe your problem as full as possible

asrock extreme 4 (p67) bios 1.7
    i2500k @ 5ghz
    8 gbs of gskill 1600 pc 12800 ram @1866mhz (2x4gbs)
    evga gtx 570
    silverstone 1200 watt power unit
    seagate 250 gb internal sata 2 hard drive (3gbs)
    getting error codes 60 and F1...dual(triple) boot issue

I have a problem with an Asrock P45XE and an E8500. The problem is the reported fsb. In bios it shows fsb 333 but in windows and any other programs like CPU-Z, 3d mark etc, it shows 328 fsb. The same with 400 fsb. Is there something I'm missing, an option or sth? Pls help.

my specs:
    CPU: E8500 E0 3.16GHz (FSB1333)
    MB: AsRock P45XE
    GPU: nVidia GTX460 1GB (800/2000)
    RAM: 2x2GB DDR2(800) Dual Channel kit 5-5-5-15 GEIL
    PSU: Nexus 650W
    HDD: 1TB WD Black SATAII + 2TB WD Green SATAIII

my bios settings:
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

thought maybe i could get some help here..well anyways i figured it out..it was my ram timings causing the issues,triple boot codes 60 and f1 are now gone...set my ram to 1600 and all on auto and running my cpu at 5 ghz

Hi I am new here just registered. I have a little problem. just brought a new motherboard g31m vs2 ASROCK. Going to instal the system panel header and notice that the cables are different. Let me explain: on the panel there are 9 pins and one is blank (the one on top of dummy) my case have the following cables

reset sw -orange/white
    power led - green/blank/white
    hdd led - red/white
    power sw - black/white

the power led has 3 slots in which does not fit on the system panel header. My question is can the power led be change with a plug with 2 slots. which is the positive cable, the color one or the white cable. Please help

thank you
    F. colon

Default HDMI Audio locks up Win7

Hi,

I'm working on getting Win7 64-bit going with onboard HDMI audio. I got to the point where HDMI video works with no audio. I have not plugged in any audio cables, just the HDMI cable (which is going to a Sony Bravia HDMI port verified working for video & audio).
    In ASRock BIOS setup:
    I enabled Onboard HDMI HD Audio but not Onboard HD Audio and got no sound, no audio devices.
    I enabled both Onboard HDMI HD Audio and HD Audio and got lockup behavior.

On boot-up it offers the login screen, user successfully logs in, I hear a Windows welcome sound, then Windows mouse locks up. Ctrl-alt-del still works to get to task-manager, where tab works to get to shutdown.

H55M Pro P2.20
    Core i3 540 no OC
    16GB DDR3_1333 RAM
    CPU Ratio Setting (23) [Auto]
    Enhanced Halt State C1E enabled
    Intel VT Tech Disabled
    CPU Thermal throttling Enabled
    No-Execute Disabled
    Hyperthreading Enabled
    Active cores All
    A20M Disabled
    Speedstep Enabled
    C-State Enabled
    C6 State Enabled

Primary Graphics Adapter Onboard
    Share Memory Auto
    DVMT Mode Select DVMT Mode
    DVMT/FIXED Memory Maximum DVMT
    Onboard HD Audio Enabled
    Front Panel Auto
    Onboard HDMI HD Audio Enabled
    Onboard LAN Enabled
    Onboard 1394 Disabled

Serial, IR, Parallel ports disabled
    PS/2 port type Keyboard

USB Controller Enabled
    Legacy USB Support Enabled
    USB 2.0 rate matching hub Enabled

SATA 200GB HD 1st boot device
    SATA DVD 2nd boot device
    PS/2 keyboard
    USB mouse
    HDMI cable verified good, connecting to Sony Bravia HDMI port also verified good for Video+Audio
    Windows 7 64-bit, new install 5/26/11, patched to current
    ASRock updated inf package installed

Any suggestions for next steps greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Bob

Default Re: USB Mouse lockup

Tried onboard USB port next to PS/2 port, this one is working. No idea why the front-panel USB port works ok with sound disabled and fails with sound enabled.

hi guys. nice to meet you. i have a small problem with my system and i hope someone could give me a solution, if there is any!
    my system is
    cpu Phenom X3 720 BE unlocked to X4 B20
    MB AOD790GX/128M
    RAM Kingston HYPER X 4x1GB 1066Mhz
    HDD 2xWD6400AAKS RAID 0
    VGA Sapphire 5850 Xtreme 1GB DDR5

i recently bought this 5850 (previously had a Sapphire 4850 512MB DDR3) and have a problem since i put it in my system. in cold boot the vga doesn't work.., although the fan works 100%. it only happens in cold boot. i close the PSU from its power button, press the start button to discharge the sytem, and then everything runs fine, the system works normally!!! i can restart the system without problem, i don't have BSOD-GSOD, no freezes, nothing.
    at first i thought it could be the PSU - i had a 500W CHIEFTEC- so i changed it with a Silverstone 600W, but nothing changed! i put everything in default, in BIOS, nothing changed! i put 4 different vga drivers, there i had a few BSODs, nothing else changed!

reading in some forums that had the same problems, with me, i read somwhere that a guy with an ASUS mobo (785 chipset, can't remember the model exactly) sent an email to asus, and they fixed the problem with a new BIOS...!

what do you think?

Hi AsRock support,
    I dont know if this is something that a BIOS update can fix, so I am up in the air about RMAing my motherboard, its the P67 Fatal1ty One Professional , when the BLCK is set to 100, CPU-Z says its set to 99.8, that in itself is not so earth shattering , but the volts and amps are not correctly displayed. yes I bought a brand new Corsair 850W AX Modular PSU, tested it in another system so I know it works properly, but the AsRock board does not display it properly in the BIOS, so I am hesitant to belive anything in the BIOS now. I am using the latest 1.80 BIOS and have tried the beta 1.84 with no results that fix my problem. I know I am not the only person with these problems that has this board, if you use google you will see that. My problem is that I am 70 years old and this computer was built by a friend on the west coast, yes it cost 100 to ship it to me. And yes I have the receipt from the vendor that he bought the motherboard from. But its not in my name, so it would have to be RMAd to him and then I would have to ship the box back to him for installation and back again to me after the RMA was complete, this would cost as much as new board. If there is a support number or e-mail that will return my e-mails I would love to have it, because so far I have recieved no response from ASRock.
    Last edited by alan1476; 06-05-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    Intel 3960X
    Intel 2600K CPU
    Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
    Asus Z77 Fatal1ty One Professional
    Asus 980GTX Matrix
    AMD 290X Matrix
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
    Samsung 1TB 850 Pro and 1.5 TB WD Black Data Drive
    512 Samsung 850 Pro SSD and 256 Sandisk Extreme Pro 960gb SSD Data drive
    Corsair 1200W AX Modular Corsair AX850W Modular PSU
    Corsair Obsidian 800D Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Case