Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock x58 Extreme, odd hardware behavior

Default ASRock x58 Extreme, odd hardware behavior

I don't know what's going on, but it's crippling my ability to use the computer, which has an ASRock x58 Extreme motherboard, hardly 3 months old.

1) When I have my RAID 1 external harddrive setup plugged into the esata port, it randomly disconnects. I'll be working on a project, and then the drive is no longer recognized, as if it were unplugged. This is entirely detrimental to a stable system.

2) I have two DVD drives (1 IDE, 1 SATA) that, while recognized as being present in both the BIOS and windows 7 - are no longer being read from, even though they spin up, and show activity when a disk is in the drive. Meanwhile, my harddrives show up and are usable.

I am using the newest BIOS 2.30, both dvd drives were functioning perfectly prior to whatever caused this and then wham! - No more functioning drives.

I have cleared/reset the CMOS, tried to reinstall Windows 7 (64 bit)... but I can't because the optical disc drives are not being read from, despite having set them as the only boot device.

Help! I use my computer for work, and it is out of commission because of these issues!

and Thank you for your time.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ASRock x58 Extreme, odd hardware behavior

Are you using the latest chipset drivers, and whatever driver your board has for eSATA addon chip?

Thread Information