Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Asrock have BIOS support for IOMMU for its 890FX Deluxe3 ??

Default Re: Will Asrock have BIOS support for IOMMU for its 890FX Deluxe3 ??

@ lt.cmdr.data

Unlike all the other 890FX boards there's a chipset cooling fan on the Asrock.
    Maybe you - or any other Deluxe3 owner for that matter - could inform us about the fan's noise characteristics ? Would it be annoying (high-pitched) in an otherwise silent computer having silent CPU & PSU fans coupled with a fanless graphics card ? Maybe even one could switch it off for a non-overclocked PC ?!
    Have you tried to control the RPM via the BIOS settings? Results ?

Would you please post your opinion on this issue.
    Last edited by Nizze; 06-29-2010 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizze View Post
    @ lt.cmdr.data
    Would you please post your opinion on this issue.
    Will post tomorrow. 18 hours working make me tired. Tomorrow I will install it for productional use and I will tell you.

Auf wiederhören und gute Nacht !
    Last edited by Nizze; 06-29-2010 at 03:51 PM.

ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 - Test, Review, Erfahrungen, Mainboard, AM3, Turbo UCC, BIOS, Overclocking - PCTreiber.Net
    "Nach Informationen von ASRock kann der Lüfter auch problemlos deaktiviert werden, ohne die Garantie zu verlieren. Der Lüfter ist vor allem für Nutzer von Wasserkühlungen oder extremen Overclockingexperimenten gedacht. Der Grund weshalb man ihn nicht standardmässig abklemmt ist lediglich der, dass man unnötigen RMA-Fälle (der Lüfter dreht nicht) aus dem Wege gehen möchte."

So, if we can trust this german reviewer and his Asrock contact then all the non-overclockers among us can safely disable the NB fan w/o loosing the guarantee.
    OK, I'm willing to believe this piece of information so I'll order a Deluxe3 tomorrow - only headache now is which AMD CPU to get. The release - or not release - of a quad-core Zosma seems still left hanging in the air...
    Last edited by Nizze; 07-02-2010 at 03:59 AM.

The fan is not really loud, so you can let it run. I have a (in my opinion very silent) cpu cooler on the board (Arctic Cooling), a Freezer X-Treme. And when I put my ear to the nb-fan and brek the NB fan by hand I hear nearly no difference. The CPU cooler in that distance is louder.

What exactly is your (detailed) setup hardware-wise and software-wise ? Any multi-boot between Linux. Xen, Windows etc ?
    I'm really curious !! Any positive or negative experiences you could share with us ?

Personally I would like to use KVM instead of Xen for IOMMU graphic card assignment (for a Windows guest) but this feature is not ready yet - see Re: GPGPU passthrough in linux kvm -- Linux KVM.
    And IOMMU support for VirtualBox ain't ready (is it even decided on?) either...

I run Linux Debian with xen 4 and the following guests:
    - Win Server 2008 R2
    - Linux PV Debian (3x)
    - Windows 7 Ultimate X64

And the hardware (CPU, amount of RAM, PCI(e) cards etc) plugged in on the Asrock Deluxe3 ?

And the IOMMU is used for ???

I use an AMD 1090T (Phenom II X6) CPU, a Intel PCI 82540 Gigabit Ethernet, an AMD Radeon HD 4850X2 and a Realtek 8139 PCI Network Card.
    IOMMU is used for the Radeon 4850X2 and the onboard Sound and the Intel NIC passed to the Win7 guest. The Realtek Network Card is passed to a Debian Linux (for Internet Connection and Firewall)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information