Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: usb hispeed legacy boot

Default usb hispeed legacy boot

why is this missing?

im buildinga bunch of enbedded systems using n68-s ucc and i really miss this option in asrock bios.

usb booting speed is just 12mbs (2.0 fullspeed)

theres any way or modded bios to get it usb booting at 2.0 hispeed (480mbs)?

thanks!

Default Re: usb hispeed legacy boot

Hi,

This is a very interesting issue because the nvidia chipset has some hand shaking problems when full speed legacy is enabled, certain connected devices can lock the board on post. We have a BIOS for NF6P-VSTA which asrock added the option for us to change the USB legacy speed, it is possible that to avoid these issues asrock have chosen to fix the usb legacy speed at hispeed with the affected nvidia chipsetson newer boards such as the one you have.

I did ask if they could add the USB legacy speed option to the main BIOS releases for the nvidia amd boards but they were not willing.

How are you testing the USB legacy boot speed?

An official responce on this would be appreciated also

i have a lot of different boards and believe me,the n68-s ucc is not legacy booting from usb at hispeed (480mbs),just fullspeed(12mbp).

when booting from usb in my other boards i can boot to windows in 15 sec,with the n68-s ucc it takes 52 seconds.

i managed to hack the bios adding a pci option rom containing PLoP Boot Manager v5.0,using it i can force hispeed usb botting,but as in any pci option rom hack i need to lose lan booting ability in order to make space for the hacked option rom.

i really wish asrock can fix it or im going to start assembling my enbedded system with other mother board brand.

i have a lot of different boards and believe me,the n68-s ucc is not legacy booting from usb at hispeed (480mbs),just fullspeed(12mbp).
    Oh I believe you all right, I am saying that they may have fixed the usb legacy speed at fullspeed due to the problems with nvidia chipset and full speed legacy boot.

I did suggest to them they add the option in to the main bios tracks (as they did for me with a special NF6P-VSTA bios) but they thought it would cause support issues.

If I was asrock I would add the option in to the BIOS but hide it by default so people like you and me could unlock it using amibcp if we need it.

bump

waiting for an official answer...

Thread Information