Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asrock 880g extreme 3

Default asrock 880g extreme 3

i will be purchasing the asrock 880g extreme 3 motherboard just wanted to confirm a few facts and compatibility issues?

1) will this ddr3 dual channel ram work with the extreme 3

Code:
    GeIL GV34GB1333C9DC 4GB (2x2GB) PC3-10660 (1333MHz) DDR3 RAM, 1.5v,  2x240-pin DIMMs, Dual Channel, Non ECC Unbuffered, 9-9-9-24,  Brushed-Titanium Aluminum Heat Spreader, Lifetime Warranty.
    2) I have a his radeon 5770 and was wanting to have dual crossfire, can i use any brand with the radeon 5770 series? or is there a specific brand that will work on this motherboard... sorry just building my first pc..

thank you

Default Re: asrock 880g extreme 3

ad 1: RAM should work fine - don't see any reason why it should not.

ad 2: what do you mean by dual-crossfire? 4 VGA cards? Cuz' crossfire already means 2 VGAs .. ;) and yes, any other brand should work out just fine.

cheers

Default Re: asrock 880g extreme 3

Quote Originally Posted by Yidaki View Post
    ad 1: RAM should work fine - don't see any reason why it should not.

ad 2: what do you mean by dual-crossfire? 4 VGA cards? Cuz' crossfire already means 2 VGAs .. ;) and yes, any other brand should work out just fine.

cheers
    lol i meant crossfire sorry ... cant affort more that 2 for now.. I have a small question with crossfire. can i pair up a 5770 and 5850? or can it only be paired with 5700 series?

thanks for your help mate

Thread Information