Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asrock 890GX extreme 3 and SATA hotplug problem

Default Re: Asrock 890GX extreme 3 and SATA hotplug problem

Quote Originally Posted by mikedepetris View Post
    I didn't see this option in BIOS, must check ASAP

anyway, how is the option called? Any screenshots?
    No screenshoots at the moment.

But in bios Advanced->Storage Configuration->Select SATA port which you want hot plug support, for example SATA3_3->Enter, and there you find option Hot Plug Support.

Same place where you can select S.M.A.R.T support on hds and so on. Check it, there is it.
    Nice feature, i don't need hot plug option for boot hd or DVD-RW, so i can disable it for those devices.

Quote Originally Posted by marko69 View Post
    No screenshoots at the moment.

But in bios Advanced->Storage Configuration->Select SATA port which you want hot plug support, for example SATA3_3->Enter, and there you find option Hot Plug Support.

Same place where you can select S.M.A.R.T support on hds and so on. Check it, there is it.
    Nice feature, i don't need hot plug option for boot hd or DVD-RW, so i can disable it for those devices.
    Thank you it works! I asked AMD/Asrock so many times I can't believe it's working that well now :-)

To be able to set hotplug for each SATA port, you have to set SATA mode to AHCI and AMD AHCI ROM to disable.

I`m having trouble making hotplug work on my 880G Extreme3. While searching for solution, I`ve come across this thread.
    Since this is exactly my problem, but on a different MB, I found it frustrating that a fixed BIOS was released only for that model... :(

Quote Originally Posted by kosssmin View Post
    I`m having trouble making hotplug work on my 880G Extreme3. While searching for solution, I`ve come across this thread.
    Since this is exactly my problem, but on a different MB, I found it frustrating that a fixed BIOS was released only for that model... :(
    are you shure there is not a similar option in your BIOS? When you see all sata ports, can you enable/disable each port? That's the plache where you can activate hot plug etc.

Yes, I`m sure, I`ve already looked there prior to finding this thread, I`ve also checked that place again after that, just to be 100% sure.
    No such option.
    On 880G the latest BIOS version is 1.70, currently on my MB. It`s issued on 6/24/2010. At that moment even 890GX did not have the option, it was introduced in 2.50 BIOS, on 10/12/2010. No BIOS update for 880G in December though...

Quote Originally Posted by kosssmin View Post
    Yes, I`m sure, I`ve already looked there prior to finding this thread, I`ve also checked that place again after that, just to be 100% sure.
    No such option.
    On 880G the latest BIOS version is 1.70, currently on my MB. It`s issued on 6/24/2010. At that moment even 890GX did not have the option, it was introduced in 2.50 BIOS, on 10/12/2010. No BIOS update for 880G in December though...
    Have you asked to Asrock support? They usually answer, and letting them know about your problem will increase the probability of new BIOS releases. Have you any sources for modded or beta BIOSes?

I saw ASRock`s Tech Support Staff Sean here, I sent him a message. If he`ll not reply, I`ll ask ASR support for help.
    As for modded/beta BIOSes... no, I don`t.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information