Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 890fx setup question

Default 890fx setup question

I'm doing my 2nd build but it will be my first <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; COLOR: #2b65b0; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_0_0>gaming</NOBR> build. I'm setting up a 30 gig ssd (boot drive), 2 150 gig velociraptors in a raid 0, a wd blue (for backup), 2 odd's and a card reader. I've never set a raid up but from reading in the forums I see it needs to be in sata 1-4 on my <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; COLOR: #2b65b0; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_0_1>motherboard</NOBR>. I need to be using 7 out of my 8 sata hookups. Since the raid setup is using 1-4 does that mean I can't use 2 of them for something else since i'm only using 2 or are all 4 dedicated to the raid setup? I'm trying to get things figured out before I build this weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: 890fx setup question

Ok...I just found the raid setup guide on the asrock website.....I could of swore that I looked there before.......I guess I'm having one of those DUH!!!! moments.

Thread Information