Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Where do my case cables go on the ASRock mobo?

Default Where do my case cables go on the ASRock mobo?

I dont know where to put the Power SW, Reset SW , and H.D.D LED. Where do they go? Is it where it says PS2_USB_PW1,PW2, and PW3? I have a ASRock 870 Extreme3 mobo.
    Last edited by HollowIchigo; 09-26-2010 at 02:14 AM.

Default Re: Where do my case cables go on the ASRock mobo?

Look at the inside front cover of the manual where it says System Panel Header.

Refer to item 22 (the system panel header) in section 1.3, "Motherboard Layout," on page 11 of your manual (ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/870%20Extreme3.pdf) for the physical location of the connectors on the board. Refer to page 25 of the manual (section 2.8 "Onboard Headers and Connectors") for the exact pinout of the System Panel Header, which contains the relevant pins for the HDD LED, power switch, and reset button.

System panel header in the lower right hand corner. See manual for location of the four case connectors (Power, HDD LE, Reset & PLED 2 pin) and the power LED 3 pin has its own header next door. Note I believe you have a 2 pin or 3 pin PLED only, not both.

Thread Information