Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock N68-S3 UCC

Unhappy Asrock N68-S3 UCC

Hi,

i'm having some issues with my new Asrock N68-S3 UCC.

I bought OCZ DDR3-1333-Ram (2x2GB) and it runs fine on 533Mhz. But when I select 666Mhz in my BIOS I get lots of errors (blue screens "Memory_Management"). The Ram is absolutly fine @533. Memtest shows about 1.5 thousand errors before ist passes 50% (@666Mhz) but runs perfectly well @533Mhz.

Sisoft Sandra told me, that the maximum bus speed is 533Mhz for this mainboard while Asrocks website says: "Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1600" and "- Supports DDR3 1600(OC)/1333/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory".

Any idea what the problem is?

My system (Windows 7)
    AMD Athlon II X2 255 @3,1Ghz
    Asrock N68-S3 ucc (BIOS 1.3)
    OCZ 1333-DDR3-Ram (2x2GB) --> http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...e_dual_channel
    All other components are taken from my old system, which made no problems at all.

Thanks for help
    Last edited by Grimlu; 09-27-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added link to my ram

Default Re: Asrock N68-S3 UCC

Im looking for a MBO for a computer and was looking through Asrock N68-S3 -and its built in with NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a chipset.
    The manufacturer states that its a DDR3 motherboard.
    Wikipedia states in Comparison of Nvidia chipsets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that the chipset of the MBO is built for DDR2.

Look it up. Maybe that's why it doesn't work on anything faster than the fastest DDR2 speed.

Thread Information