Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 330HT-BD Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick)

Default Asrock 330HT-BD Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick)

Hey all,

Has anyone got the remote control working under 10.10?

I was expecting support to be included in the release yesterday but it looks like this isnt going to be the case:
    SourceForge.net: Linux Infrared Remote Control:

Was using 10.04 nicely with my remote until my hard disk died last week.. wanting to put the latest build on and get my media pc back on its feet... however the previous version used LIRC, which is documented on the asrock site here:
    http://www.asrock.com/nettop/downloa...0HT-BD&o=Linux

But as you can see its not yet updated.

I guess I am probably early asking this as Maverick was only released yesterday, but worth a shot I guess :)

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Asrock 330HT-BD Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick)

Quote Originally Posted by Gomezie View Post
    Hey all,

Has anyone got the remote control working under 10.10?
    Hi Gomezie,

I have just received my new ion 330HT-BD a few days ago. I chose this one because it should be perfect as a media center running linux.

It seems that it wasn't a good choice after all. I have been trying out lots of guides and howto's without any luck.

The asrock remote is not supported in 10.10. I have installed the linux drivers as published on the support section of the asrockwebsite following their instructions by the letter. Several [fail] messages occur during installation and of course the remote does not work. This seems to be a common issue with 10.10. I have spend a lot of time on this but the only solution seems to be to re-compile an old linux kernal . As I am new to linux (only 1 week of experience with the 330 and ubuntu) compiling the kernal does not seem to be an easy job.

As sound via hdmi also does not work (also followed several guides on that one) the asrock proves to be completly useless for a media center solution. The hardware looks fine but the linux drivers suck.

From the information I read it should be possible to get things running with 9.04 but this requires a lot of patching and tweaking too.

Any linux wizzard on this forum who knows how to get the remote working ?

I'm not into Linux, but German Ubuntu users are taking this:
    Installing XBMC for Linux - XBMC
    Read the XBMC Wiki for "Universal Remote"

Heres how to get it working in 10.10 Maverick

[ubuntu] Nuvoton infra-red remote and Ubuntu 10.10? - Ubuntu Forums

To get sound to work over hdmi, make sure that its not muted in alsamixer

Quote Originally Posted by Gomezie View Post
    Heres how to get it working in 10.10 Maverick

[ubuntu] Nuvoton infra-red remote and Ubuntu 10.10? - Ubuntu Forums
    Yeah. Thats what I meant. Seems like a difficult job to re-compile the kernel and stuff. As a linux newbie this will take some time to figure out. I even don't know howto edit a file...

I am curently running a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10. Some sudo commands I entered corrupted the lirc stuff completely. Glad that the nvidea drivers can be installed automatically. Seems to work flawlessly.

I have tries the alsamixer command. As fas as I can judge everything is full open. Not a very intuitive gui however so I'll retry that.

Thanks for your tip. I'll report back if it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabrein View Post

I have tries the alsamixer command. As fas as I can judge everything is full open. Not a very intuitive gui however so I'll retry that.

Thanks for your tip. I'll report back if it worked for me.
    OK, sound is working now. Seems that I missed the scrolling to the right part earlier. The muted output becomes visible when you move the cursor to the right.

Still struggling with the compile the kernal to get the remote working........

Quote Originally Posted by Megabrein View Post
    Still struggling with the compile the kernel to get the remote working........
    I have successfully compiled a custom kernel and it seems to be running.
    However the asrock remote is still not working since I am unable to move the extracted driver files from my download directory to the required location. I'm, stuck at the last part of the procedure.
    Last edited by Megabrein; 11-21-2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information