Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "870 Extreme 3" or similar and random freeze issue

Default "870 Extreme 3" or similar and random freeze issue

all my hardware driver and bios are up to date.
    I experience random system freezes 100% hardware related, and 100% not related with over heat.

Strange behavior:
    -when the Operating System is loaded freezes are less frequent (they can occur one in 5-6 day or 2 in the same day and regardless of CPU load) for sure I can stay overnight with my desktop turned on
    -if I rest in BIOS page or if I do a memtest86+ (that means I stop the machine from loading the OS) freeze can occur even in one minute or after 3 hour and for sure occur 100% in an overnight test.
    Memtest86+ should make me think in a DDR3 problem, but never shows me errors and as I said freezes are really not related with memtest in fact I have the same result simply standing in bios page menů overnight.

What do you think? PSU issue? Is not so famous but I know is a good one is certified 80+
    I tried all DDR frequency and timings with same result, freezes seems occurs less frequently with DDR3 at 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24 !!

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

My spec
    ATI HD5770 Sapphire 1GB Vapor-X 2xDVI/HDMI/DP
    Western Digital 1TB WD1002FAEX 7200rpm 64MB Black
    DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 4GB Corsair XMS3 --CL--8-- Skt1156 (2x2GB) Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C8

Default Re: "870 Extreme 3" or similar and random freeze issue

any hits? I find out leaving the option "Multiplier/Voltage change" on manual even without default values makes an improvement (I stayed overnight in bios settings page without any freezes) but memtest for example freeze the same (maybe after more time even after 5-6 hours can freeze).
    When windows is loaded usually system is stable I can easily run prime95 or a VGA stress test but sometime the system freeze (especially while playing videogames)

Registered to give my 2cents.

It could be your Corsair memory, i almost ordered CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2x2 GB and gave up after many people reported problems with asrock and corsair xms 1600 and buyed kingston hyper x insted.. Lots of compability problems with asrock bioses :(

Try returning the corsair and getting gskills flares or kingston hyperX

Yours is not on the list, official list of supported memory : http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/870%20Extreme3.pdf

And i have not put 8pin but 4pin and all works like a charm with ulocked to x4 core.

Hope this helped a bit.

------------------------------------------
    ASRock 880G Extreme3
    Phenom II x2 555 @ B55 x4
    Kingston HyperX Blu. 1600 2x2 Gb
    8800GT 512
    Hiper TypeR 580W
    WD 640Gb Black
    Last edited by n!Cola; 11-04-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks for your replay. I don't understand when you said:
    "i almost ordered CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2x2 GB..."
    so had you tried and did you had same issues?

"And i have not put 8pin but 4pin and all works like a charm with ulocked to x4 core."
    What means 8pin or 4pin? The connector from power supply? If yes why did you put the 4 pin? Because you don't have the 8 pin connector or you choose on purpose 4 pin connector?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boooooo View Post
    Thanks for your replay. I don't understand when you said:
    "i almost ordered CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2x2 GB..."
    so had you tried and did you had same issues?

"And i have not put 8pin but 4pin and all works like a charm with ulocked to x4 core."
    What means 8pin or 4pin? The connector from power supply? If yes why did you put the 4 pin? Because you don't have the 8 pin connector or you choose on purpose 4 pin connector?

Thanks
    No i had it in my order bin, but i changed it to kingston hyperx. Lots of people orderd xms and had problems, so i changed my mind.

As for 4pin, yes i only have 4 pin psu, otherwise i would definitely connect 8pin, more juice the better especially for OC which is my next task :)
    I just buyed this new asrock mbo, cpu and memory 2 days ago, and i am very happy for now.

Good luck neighbour !
    ASRock 880G Extreme3
    Phenom II x2 555 Black @ B55 x4
    Corsair 2x4 GB
    560Ti
    Hiper TypeR 580W
    M4 120Gb
    WD 640Gb Black

ok thanks!

The memory, you are using, seems specially designed for Core i7:
    Welcome to Corsair :: Corsair DDR3 Memory for Intel® Core™ i7

I'm running my 870 Extreme with Corsair Value Select (CMV4GX3M2A1333C9) and it's working fine, after I disabled automatic Volt settings and choosed 1,5 Volt.

oh ty I noticed too. I thought it should work the same maybe not at tight timings or frequency.
    By the way I am waiting for a try with another set of DDR maybe in few days I can give a precise answer

To give an update:

I replaced my Corsair Value Select (CMV4GX3M2A1333C9) with a Corsair CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 4 GB Kit.
    Fits perfect to the Asrock 870 Extreme 3 and works without any problems.
    Corsair CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 RAM Module - 4 GB 2 x 2 GB - DDR3 SDRAM - CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 - Compare Prices and Buy at PriceGrabber

Can I ask why you replace? Which were the problems?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information