Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: messed up bios,please help

Exclamation messed up bios,please help

i have an asrock g31-s motherboard,i left my pc on downloading one nite,next day i restarted pc my dvd and hard drive where disabled,i tryed to reset them in bios and probably made it worse,b4 i found this forum i tryed taking the battery out to reset,but now sometimes my dvd writer is missing,even in the bios i have read that my dvd rewriter might be done as it has burned around 100+ dvds,it there anyway i can fix the bios or download the proper bios settings,i dont mind having 2 reinstall windows i just need 2 get it sorted as its my main pc

thanks in advance to anyone that can help

Default Re: messed up bios,please help

Reboot your system and enter BIOS. Set BIOS to "default".
    Start again and go here:
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > G31M-S > Download
    Get the latest 1.90 BIOS for your mainboard. Choose the BIOS with the Windows flash tool and read the "How to update" (red cross).
    If your DVD is still missing, go to System > Device Manager and uninstall your optical drive. Windows will reinstall it at next start.

thanks for the reply,but i'm kinda confused on which file i should download?,do u mean the very top file?

Second from the top is the file, you can flash out of Windows. Read the "How to update" instructions, which will open, if you click the red cross symbol.

tyvm for your help eddy,but still when i turn on its stays primary and secondary apati devices are incompatible or something have tryed setting defaults,i'm lost,my bios is now 1.90,guess i may leave it in and get it checked before i do some major damage,

again thank you for your replies and help,unfortunately and i'm a computer noob and am totally lost now....,i have even managed to totally disabled mouse as well,what a doofer i am ,i wiped hard drive to try and reinstall and that hasnt helped,lol its emergency services i need correction managed 2 reinstall without mouse but will whatever next :(
    Last edited by potbelly; 11-16-2010 at 09:20 PM.

When you have flashed the BIOS successfully, the BIOS settings are on "default" as standard.
    My impression is that your system maybe got infected from a virus or malware. Try a online scan here:
    Download Free Online Virus Scanner | BitDefender
    Works only with Microsoft's Internet Explorer
    or try this:
    Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro UK

Thread Information