Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASROCK K10N78D Bootup Problem

Default ASROCK K10N78D Bootup Problem

About 2 months ago I had my Mobo die on me.

I Decided to go with an ASROCK K10N78D board because it seemed to best bang for my buck, Everything has been absolutely stable and problem free for 2 months now.

The 3 parts I replaced were the Board, CPU, and Memory to be compatible with the new board.

I kept the Power supply/Soundcard/Videocard/HD's from my previous build and when I re-assembled the new parts, everything started up right out of the box and stable as I could expect.

I've been using this rig as a game machine mostly, playing stuff like L4d2 and Fallout-3, BFBC-2.

So after 2 months of use, I went to bed last night with my PC running fine and stable when I shut it down, I wake up the next morning and I can't even get my PC to powerup at all, I press the powerbutton and just get nothing at all no fans turn on no post nothing.

This is very similar to what happened with my last motherboard, where everything is just fine at powerdown, but the next time I try to boot-up I get nothing at all.

Any ideas what can be causing my system to just be dead like that?

PS - Enermax 400 WATT powersupply

MB - ASRock K10N78D AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 720D ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor ADX240OCK23GQ - OEM | with

MEM - Kingston HyperX NVIDIA SLI-Ready 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model

Video - ATI- Sapphire HD4850 1 gig

Sound - Audigy-2-ZS Platinum

OS - Win-XP Professional SP-3
    Last edited by Mister.D; 11-16-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Default Re: ASROCK K10N78D Bootup Problem

Do you guys think the board is just fried, or powersupply or CPU that have failed?

When this happened before I replaced both CPU and Mobo, and had to upgrade my memory to support the new board as well.

Last time this happened, the powersupply was still fine when I installed the new MOBO and CPU.

Could this be something else like CPU burnout because of the shutdown and heat not dissipating from the HSink when the fan stops turning?

Reason I ask, is because if the CPU has any chance of being ok, thats a difference of about $100 and that might be money I don't have to spend.

Default Re: ASROCK K10N78D Bootup Problem

If you are able to test your system with a new power supply (try 500 Watt or more), do this at first.
    I think, your problems related to that.

Thread Information