Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help needed to choose a graphics card compatible with my 4CoreDual-SATA2 motherboard

Default Help needed to choose a graphics card compatible with my 4CoreDual-SATA2 motherboard

Hi all,
    Hope there is someone out there that can help me, my graphics card is starting to show its age, its a ATI radeon hd 2600/3600 series agp slot card.
    I have looked at a few cards on ebuyer and i like the look of them:-

PALIT 9800GT Green Edition 1GB GDDR3 VGA DVI HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card.

HIS HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI Display Port Out PCI-E Graphics Card

PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card.

I am on a tight budget and am looking to spend no more than 110 on a card.
    some please help, im not even sure if these cards will work with my old ASROCK 4CoreDual-SATA2 motherboard. If anyone could look on ebuyer and find one for me i would be truly grateful, ;-)
    Cheers, stephen.

Default Re: Help needed to choose a graphics card compatible with my 4CoreDual-SATA2 motherbo

Did you watch the VGA Support List for this mainboard?
    ASRock > Products > 4CoreDual-SATA2 > VGA Support List
    Notice, that some of the listed models are only working with the latest BIOS.

Default Re: Help needed to choose a graphics card compatible with my 4CoreDual-SATA2 motherbo

Thanks for reply, looking at the list of cards it looks like none are much of an improvement on the card i already have, am i right in thinking that the cards which i have listed would not work on my motherboard and only the ones listed will? I might have to save my pennys and get a higher spec computer lol.
    Im a bit of a novice so thanks for the help.

Latest BIOS update was from 9/29/2009.
    The 9800 GT is included in the list and should work properly.

Cheers eddi, you have been a great help, just one more thing, lol, where can i find my latest bios and how do i install it ;-)
    Cheers stephen.

If your board really is the Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2, then you will find the latest BIOS here:
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > 4CoreDual-SATA2 > Download
    It is the 2.20 version.
    Take the Windows flash version (second from the top of the list) and read the "How to update" by clicking the red cross.

Cheers eddi, can`t thankyou enough, bios updated just have to choose my graphics card now, will order one on thursday and i will let you know how i get on installing it.
    Thanks again, steve

Thread Information