Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 870 Extreme 3 and phenom X@

Default 870 Extreme 3 and phenom X@

I was wondering if there is a "how-to" on unlocking the other 2 cores for this chip? I tried using the program built into the bios and it worked to an extent it showed 4 cores but the machine was so unstable that itr would not even load windows or ubuntu :( i have never done anything like this before and dont want to wreck my computer. thnx for any help

870 Extreme 3 and phenom X2 (3.2 ghz black edition)

Default Re: 870 Extreme 3 and phenom X@

What CPU you trying to get the extra Cores from?

When you unlock core they are not always stable. The extra cores in the CPU dye in some cases have flaws in them. What you can do though to test them is enable the extra cores one at a time. You might be able to get 3 cores out of the 2core CPU that way.
    Last edited by reptile_spot; 11-23-2010 at 01:31 AM.

the chip is a phenom X2 3.2ghz black edition , i have 3 cores running stablw with a %5 overclock and the voltage bumped up to 1.41 :) I have th 4th core disabled :(, i even tryed lowering the freq on the 4th core but th system was still unstable :( now i am wondering how far to OC with the stock cooler, i have read i should not go above 55C but i think i may get an aftermarket cooler if i can get to the 3.8ghz range

Thread Information