Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: will this card compatible with my motherboard?

Default will this card compatible with my motherboard?

Hi there i recently bought an nvidia inno 3d graphics card but found that for some reason it was not compatible with my motherboard, although i could see no reason why as the card was pci express compatible and my board has a pci express slot. Anyway i am thinking of buying a new card and i just wonder if i will have the same problem i will try and be as specific with my pc specs and give you the card details.

CPU intel core 2 duo E6550 2.33Ghz
    Motherboard conroe1333-eSATA2 chipset intel i945p/pl/g/gz southbridge intel 82801 GB(ICH7/R) BIOS versionP1.30 Graphic interface PCI Express x16
    RAM 4Gb DDR2
    Graphics card in use.. Nvidia Geeforce 8600 GT 512Mbytes
    HDD 2x 500Gb
    Card i am thinking of buying ASUS GeForce GTS 450 Direct CU 1024MB DDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI Express
    I also have a 750W power supply.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Default Re: will this card compatible with my motherboard?

It should be compatible. By the way, what's wrong with the INNO 3D card? not booting?

The inno 3d for some reason was just not seen by my system, i tried different solutions including running CPUID and that did not recognise it either so i couldnt install the drivers as they could not see anything to install them to, but i have an nvidia 8600 gt and that is fine and is seen as soon as it is put in, a friend of mine tried the inno 3d on their system and it was fine so i dont know, hence the reason for asking about this card as i dont want to spend the money and have the same problem, i have recently upgraded my power supply, so maybe that was the problem that there wasnt enough power for inno 3d but i cant see it. I have posted on a few forums including nvidia, so hopefully i will get some good replys and take it from there, thanks for your reply..

have you tried disabling on-board graphics (BIOS) and resetting the CMOS?

Thread Information