Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

Default Re: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

I just picked up my ION and am having the same issue with Mediabrowser, but NOT in Media Center. I am going to update the driver and the BIOS and I'll update in a day or so.

ETA: It's been a full day of use and no BSOD so far. Woo hoo!
    Last edited by jackkerouac; 01-28-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Update

Thumbs down Re: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

I tried the beta driver, but still have BSOD's. Driving me nuts. Fiddeling around with my Logitech DiNovo Mini will cause a BSOD. The Nuvoton CIR driver is mentioned in the bluescreen as causing the error. I tried uninstalling the DiNovo drivers, but the BSOD's still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by roel00 View Post
    I tried the beta driver, but still have BSOD's. Driving me nuts. Fiddeling around with my Logitech DiNovo Mini will cause a BSOD. The Nuvoton CIR driver is mentioned in the bluescreen as causing the error. I tried uninstalling the DiNovo drivers, but the BSOD's still happen.
    All I can do is tell you what I did. I upgraded the BIOS to v1.30 and then uninstalled the CIR driver. After that, I installed the beta driver and I haven't had a BSOD since then. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jackkerouac View Post
    All I can do is tell you what I did. I upgraded the BIOS to v1.30 and then uninstalled the CIR driver. After that, I installed the beta driver and I haven't had a BSOD since then. Good luck!
    Thanks! I upgraded the BIOS to v1.30. Uninstalled the CIR driver. During the install of the beta driver (from post #17), I get an error message that there is no CIR device detected. So, how did you do it?

The installer from post #13 seems to get stuck at 90%. The application is still running in the taskbar, but the install wizard window is gone... I uninstalled the previous drivers. If it's a unsigned driver issue, I don't get any system messages telling me so. I Cannot change the group policies, because there are none Windows 7 home premium...

Quote Originally Posted by roel00 View Post
    The installer from post #13 seems to get stuck at 90%. The application is still running in the taskbar, but the install wizard window is gone... I uninstalled the previous drivers. If it's a unsigned driver issue, I don't get any system messages telling me so. I Cannot change the group policies, because there are none Windows 7 home premium...
    I too am having a similar problem installing the beta driver. It installs right to the end and then hangs (installer not responding). I've tried the tips found on this thread on how to install drivers without signatures, but it still doesn't install. Anyone else who can help, please let me know.....I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

Do we have any idea when an "official" driver will be released (IE: not a beta)? This BSOD problem is becoming very annoying.

No new driver yet??? wtf...

No news on this front? This is becoming very awkward. Asrock recommends Windows 7, but the IR will only work on linux, via a very user unfriendly rebuilding of kernels, since the linux version is out of date too.

I can recommend buying a separate usb IR solution of sorts, that will work in Windows 7. I think you should NOT buy a Asrock one, if they sell any ...

Hi all,

Whenever I am in need of a driver, that I cant find or need a newer driver. I would use Drivermax.
    You can download it from here: DriverMax - Reviews and free DriverMax downloads at Download.com

BTW Drivermax might recognize it as another brand or model, dont worry about that.
    If it has a driver download and install, hopefully it works.

Hopefully Drivermax has a newer or working driver for your hardware.

Hey it's worth a try :)

Good Luck! Keep me updated.

Dear all,

We put the latest CIR receiver driver ver:20110219 which can solve this issue on our website.
    Please kindly download it from below link for testing.
    Link: ASRock > Products > ION 3D Series

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information